Extra chapter: Training sessions

-Third Person POV-

Kei'ral: Alrighty! We are starting our training sessions today!

Outside of Ekko's workshop, in the open area between the storage rooms, Kei'ral was standing with his repaired longsword in hand, seeing Ahri, Soraka and Ekko with their weapons ready.

Ekko: I got the mobile objectives ready.

He then took out a remote control from a TV. Pressing a button and making a couple of drones come out of the workshop, all of them had a bullseye attached on the lower region and started moving randomly around the zone.

Kei'ral: Okay then. Ahri, do you know how to use a bow and arrow?

Ahri: Duh. Just give me a couple of minutes to get used to the size of this one.

Ekko: I also have enough experience on how to use this kind of guns.

Everybody turned to see him with questioning faces, making him notice what he just said.

Ekko: Don't ask why, and don't worry, it's nothing illegal.

Kei'ral: Well then... let's start with the training!

*

Soraka was trying to impulse herself with her glaive, but she constantly lost balance even while using her wings, since the initial impulse she was taking from the ground was too aggressive for her to control.

One more try and she successfully launched herself into the air, but once more couldn't balance herself with her wings and fell helplessly. Kei'ral caught her before she could hit the floor, carrying her in bridal style.

Kei'ral: You have to twist your body into a position of control. Try to find the center of your mass while in midair and balance it with the rest of your body using the glaive as a help. After taking control with your body alone, you can use your wings or the glaive to change directions or keep yourself in the air for a little longer.

She heard him attentively while trying to visualize the movements in her head, but then Kei'ral put her back in the ground gently. She stood there watching Kei'ral take a couple of steps behind. He signaled her to see him carefully, and just then he used his bracelet to summon another glaive. He took a couple of quick steps to the front before firmly planting the glaive into the ground, using it as a support to jump high into the air. He used a lot of strength, and at first sight you would think it was too much, since he appeared to be spinning without control. But he twisted his body accordingly to the trajectory he was following, until he had a favorable position to maneuver around the air.

He used the glaive's light shot mechanic to impulse himself forwards, keeping balance and moving forwards while spinning the glaive around. He finally landed perfectly while delivering a final slash.

Soraka saw this and tried to interiorize the new information, she was figuring out how to recover balance while airborne. But her biggest problem were her wings, since she has been constantly moving them as a reflex, at the cost of losing the momentum and her gravity center.

She took a deep breath and used her glaive to send herself into the air once more, keeping her wings firmly in place and not using them to change her trajectory, she managed to twist her body successfully and recovered a sense of where were the sky and the ground. But when she tried to use her wings to impulse herself forwards, she once more lost balance due to the weight and shape of the glaive being different from what she was used to carry.

Kei'ral once more caught her, same way as before. This time the cute Star Guardian felt a little embarrassed, not just because the guy was holding her in such away, but also because she failed once more to complete the exercise.