Prologue

On a small neighborhood, on the surroundings of one of the big metropolis of the continent. There was a young man playing with his little sister on a backyard during a normal day of summer. The brothers were having fun with a Frisbee, while a small puppy ran behind the toy with excitement.

The little girl threw the toy with joy while speaking to her dog.

Kai'sa: Come on Balto! Try to catch it!

The brown husky barked excitedly in response, earning a warm smile from the young man.

Kei'ral: Maybe if you don't throw it as high as you can, I can barely catch it with a jump sis.

Kai'sa: He has to learn to catch his prey in midair, otherwise he won't be a great hunter when he grows up.

Kei'ral: You know that he won't be hunting anything beyond the chicken nuggets you always give him, right?

The guy said while catching the Frisbee. The small puppy reached him and started to run around his legs, rubbing his head affectionately against him. Kei'ral crouched and started petting his mascot with warm eyes, then stood up again and called the pup's attention with the Frisbee.

Kei'ral: You want this? You want this? Yes do you! Who's a good boy? Eh? Who's a good boy? Come on! Go fetch!

He then threw the toy with enough force to let the little dog follow it closely. Running behind the toy, the puppy jumped with force and caught the toy. The little girl then ran towards the small dog and started to pet it to congratulate him.

Kai'sa: You caught it! Who is the best hunter there is? Who is it? You are! Yes you are!

While the two siblings played outside, their mother was watching from the window of the kitchen while preparing a meal. She smiled warmly to the sight of her children playing together, her eyes were filled with curiosity when the older sibling entered the kitchen while laughing.

Kei'ral: Hey mom. Is there something I can help you with?

The woman then looked outside again, seeing her daughter still playing with the small dog.

Kai'sel: Oh don't worry son, I already finished.

Kei'ral: Well, if I can't cook I could at least set up the table. Is my father coming for dinner tonight?

Kai'sel: Sadly, no. He's been really busy with his work lately and tonight isn't the exception.

Kei'ral: Well, can't be helped, isn't it?

Kai'sel: Not really. But we should talk about that later, call your sister, everything is ready.

Kei'ral: Sure.

The young man then opened the door and went outside again. All while his mother watched him with proud eyes.

*

A couple of minutes later. The three were sitting in the dinner room.

Kai'sel: So, tell me son. What are your plans for your last year in high school?

Kei'ral: What could I have planned besides studies?

Kai'sa: I don't know, you could get a girlfriend for a change.

Kai'sel: Your sister is right, you still haven't brought any girl home.

Kei'ral: Mom, you know I don't have time for that, I'll find a girlfriend when the time comes, and especially when I see that it won't affect my studies.

Kai'sa: That's just his way to say that no girl ever notices him.

Kei'ral: Shut up, what could you possibly know about that? You are just ten years old, your biggest worries are eating candy and playing with Balto after school.