Overture

-Kei'ral POV-

Finally, after who knows how many time, I can see a rift not to far away from here.

I'm currently on a small floating island in the void, watching how a swarm of bugs fly towards the rift that connects this dimension with my home world.

It's been one hell of a journey in here to be honest. I bet it's been around seven years... maybe more. Anyway, I've discovered some curious things in this dimension. First of all, it's like time doesn't exist here. I haven't aged at all. Second, looks like not having a flow of time makes my body forget about its biological problems. I haven't eat, drink or even go to the bathroom at all in this time. It always feels the same... well except when you got hurt by any creature you might find.

I see the entire swarm go through the rift, then I jump from the floating island I'm standing on and let my body float there. As I land, I see the rift from up close...

It's been so long since I left the world, were they really just seven years? What if it has been more? What if it has been over a thousand years? What if this portal sends me to the past?

Is my family still there?

Well, only one way to find out...

*RooooOoOooOOOOAAAAAAAAAaaaaarrrrrRRR*

That was unusual...

I turned to see another island not to far away from where I wa standing, managing to see an enormous thunder storm coming from it. That doesn't sound like anything I have seen before in this place and whatever it is, if it reaches my world, it would cause much more damages than this giant bugs could ever hope to.

But then I turned around to see the rift, this is my chance to go back, to return home. This might be the only chance I'll have to see my family. But if I left whatever that thing is alone, who knows what could it happen...

I fucking hate myself. But on the bright side... Something new to hunt!

I made my way through the island, jumping from the edge towards a small set of giant rocks floating in the void. Jumping from one to another and finally reaching a "higher" position, if you could say that in this place.

Then I got a clear view of another rift. Though this one had some lightning coming from it. Better said, there was lightnings all around the area, with tons of corpses from the usual bugs that infest this place.

I made my way down there. Standing around the place, seeing the carbonized corpses and the burn marks in the ground.

Whatever went through here, is now on the other side of the rift.

This is exciting!

Not only I finally find another beast, but it came with its own kind of rifts too!? This is too good to be true!

Maybe it isn't. But I don't care I just left the apparent only way home for me and well... this is all I have left now. Let's dive into it and see what is waiting from me on the other side...

*

I opened my eyes, getting the view of a forest.

My body feels the same as always, so I guess I'm fine. I stand up and see around me, but when I see behind me. I found myself in the start of path of burnt down trees.

Whatever that monster was, it is dangerous.

I made my way through the path, seeing some corpses from some animals, deers, small squirrels, some raccoons and even a bear. I'm getting upset to be honest.

Then I saw a sudden burst of electricity coming from the east, I know because the moon was just coming out! I learned from my clases!

Anyway, I followed the direction of the sudden explosion, finally encountering another burnt down area. And in the center of it...