Dethronement

-Ahri POV-

What was right in front of me, was something my mind was not able to fully comprehend. Kei'ral, the guy that always stood in a friendly attitude for everyone, was now transformed into a giant wyvern consumed by the desire of kill. His body was covered in light blue lightnings and a sick purple aura, his eyes were crimson red and consumed by rage.

He was ready to face an Elder Dragon head on, both of them were severely wounded and probably in the brink of death. And on top of that, there wasn't anything I could do to help him. Getting in the middle of that fight now would mean suicide, even if he doesn't attack me... Or I could be the cause of his death for distracting him.

Shyvana: This is the last stand, if he loses here...

Me: Is there really anything we can do?

My voice was about to break, my eyes were watery. I was scared, feeling impotent and useless. Just now that I managed to create a new resolution for myself, and the main reason of it, the one that inspired me to be better... had everything against him, one mistake and he will be gone.

Shyvana: All we can do is hope for the best.

She watched the two beasts slowly walking around each other with sad eyes.

It was then that a threatening roar pushed us back by its mere strength. The Teostra was ready to fight, and he didn't doubt to jump at the Zinogre in front of him, tackling the wyvern to the ground and attempting to bite his neck. But Kei'ral was having none of that and managed to set himself free before that, jumping backwards and spinning in place, hitting the Teostra with his tails.

Shyvana: His tails, why does he have two of them all the time?

To be honest, none of us really know about it, but we knew that it appeared to be something unique about him.

The battle continued as the infected wyvern ran towards the Elder Dragon and clawed him in the face, the hit was strong enough to make the dragon step back while several electric shocks made him convulse for a moment. Kei'ral used the opening to sidestep around the Tesotra and charge at him with his horns in front. The horns stabbed the flank of the dragon and made him fall to the ground while Kei'ral released another wave of lightning on him.

In retaliation, the dragon aimed his maws at the wyvern and released a devastating fire breath, but this merely made Kei'ral step back a little. However, this was enough to let the dragon free. He used his wings to gain the advantage of height. Throwing fire from the air to make hell rain all over Kei'ral.

The hybrid maneuvered through the raining flames and reached a rock, using it to jump in the air to grab the Teostra from one of his paws, dragging him to the ground with force. Having the dragon cornered once more, Kei'ral stood on top of him and charged his body as much as he could. Reaching the limit, he was about to release a devastating lightning storm on the Elder Dragon, but this Teostra had other plans.

His body was suddenly covered in flames and red powder almost instantly.

Shyvana: Shit! Move away!

However, the enraged wyvern didn't listen and received a supernova to the face. The explosion sent everyone to the floor. As we all started to stand up once more, we watched the Teostra standing with difficulties, breathing heavily while watching at a cloud of dust. As it dispersed itself, we could see Kei'ral, lying in the floor inert.

I felt my heart stopping for a moment, and my body moved on its own. I rushed to his side ignoring the calls from my friends, reaching his side immediately. The scales of his body were gone, he was completely human once more, but... I could barely hear his heart beating. He was already on his last breaths, but he was still alive for now.