Late night hunt

-Kai'sa POV-

It was a busy night...

Janna: More coming from the main avenue!

Jinx: I got you covered!

The redhead guardian charged her starlight guns and blasted a barrage of bullets towards the swarm of small voidlings emerging from the different rifts. While Janna used her wind powers to create currents strong enough to keep the voidlings from leaving the road through the adjacent streets or alleyways.

Poppy: This Shelly is being stubborn!

Lulu: HIS BACK EYE IS LOOKING AT ME!!!

Me: On it!

Dashing through the battlefield, I positioned myself behind the armored void creature and shot several plasma missiles to the exposed eye. Lulu was quick and used her little staff to fly away, having successfully distracted the creature.

As the eye was decimated by my shots, the creature moved around and writhed in pain as Poppy continued to assault it from the front with her hammer. Not making much damage to the creature thanks to its armor.

Dashing to where Poppy was standing, I covered the crystal blades created by my suit in more energy to extend their range, with long plasma blades ready, I turned to the yordle girl.

Me: I'll wear down its armor, you make sure to smash it to pieces after that.

Poppy: Seems like a plan.

Lulu: I'll be supporting you.

With a movement of her staff, both me and Poppy started to shine for a moment, and then I felt my body feeling lighter.

In an instant, I activated the helmet of my suit and dashed towards the creature, first aiming towards the left claw of the creature, my cuts didn't go deep into its shell, but managed to cut through at least a little.

Following my lead, Poppy ran towards us and jumped with her hammer ready, but the monster used his other claw to cover itself, blocking the hit entirely and then swinging the claw to push Poppy away.

Moving towards the back of the creature, I continued to slash at the back trying to open a path to the hidden eye, but it was quick to turn around and charge towards me. I dashed while sliding on the floor, letting the creature run forwards without a clear objective, ready to be received by a rocket from Jinx.

Janna: Our side is clean, it's only the Herald left.

Jinx: Harold the herald, get ready to rumble!

Poppy: You named that thing!?

Lulu: I like Shelly more!

Me: Focus!

The monster used its claws to smash the ground in an attempt to create a cover with the rising concrete, but Janna used her wind to push all the debris out of the way, while I once more charged towards the claws. Taking several slashes at them, taking some distance and shooting at them to keep them under siege. Jinx joined the assault from the sides. As I kept wearing down the armor of the claws, I noticed someone finally arriving at the scene.

A sphere of light came flying towards us, so I jumped out of the way of it, watching it explode in a burst of energy that blinded the creature like a flashbang.

Me: Took you long enough.

Lux: I'm sorry, the rift appeared in a bad moment and I had to act as an escort for the civilians.

A loud crashing sound then reached our ears, making us turn to see the fight again just in time to witness Poppy smashing both claws of the creature with her hammer. Followed by a huge rocket shot by Jinx that managed to blow up the armor in the back of the creature.