Extra chapter: Forbidden Friendship

-Third Person POV-

After finding the Stygian Zinogre and his child, Kei'ral started to use all his "hunting" days to visit them. Mostly because he got a liking to the puppy, but also because he saw how the adult was very understanding with what his child wanted, it was fortunate for Kei'ral to have saved the baby from the bear attack given that that was what caused the small Zinogre to trust him. Though there was also the curiosity of Kei'ral wanting to learn more about the fully matured fanged wyvern.

The very next day after finding about the wyvern's location, he went over there with his backpack full of the biggest turkey he could find in the marketplace, also a small chicken for the baby. From the location where he found the duo last day, he followed the tracks of the fanged wyverns and ended up finding a cave below the roots of a giant tree. Rising his sight to contemplate the entirety of the giant tree, he let out a surprised whistle.

Kei'ral: That... seems both out of place and strangely fitting for this world. I'll have to ask to Soraka about it, she knows about plants.

Then, slowly but decisively, he walked inside the cave and wandered around for a couple of meters. Seeing the place, it wasn't that much, just an empty cave. Though he found some tufts of electrified fur, knowing well what that meant.

Then he felt it, the vibrations behind him, as well as the sound of a big creature breathing. As he turned around, he found himself face to face with the father Zinogre. Looking at him with a face of complete annoyance. Kei'ral took a couple of steps back before taking out his backpack. This of course made the Wyvern feel uneasy, as he started to growl at him.

Kei'ral immediately raised his hands to signal him that there was no ill intention. Then slowly returned his hands to the backpack, making the wyvern feel a little weary about him. From below the adult, the little puppy showed her head, staying between the front paws of her father and resting her back on the fur of her father's chest.

Slowly and harmlessly, Kei'ral took out the small chicken from his backpack and offered it to the puppy. She immediately became chipper and jumped in excitement towards the hybrid guy. But the father was not convinced, probably thinking it was drugged meat, as he probably faced countless times with the hunters from his world. He put a paw in front of his daughter and then looked at Kei'ral, his eyes moved quickly form the guy to the chicken, then he bit the air gesturing him to taste it first.

Kei'ral: What? You think I poisoned this or something?

Another quick glance to the chicken and back at him.

Kei'ral: You want me to- Oh no, this thing is raw-

*Menacing Growl*

Kei'ral: Alright, alright, I'll show you it's perfectly safe to eat this.

A little doubtful, the guy took a small piece of the chicken, one of the legs, and gave it a bite. With the meat still in his mouth, he looked at the Ziongre and then gave him a thumbs up. Still unconvinced, he started to act as if he was chewing and then swallowed.

Showing clear annoyance, Kei'ral started to chew the meat while making displeased faces. Slowly and definitely unsurely, he managed to swallow the piece of meat and gave the Zinogre a troubled smile. But then the adult looked at the rest of the leg, making a gesture as if he was raising an eyebrow while smirking. Though this was something quite impossible for the facial features of the beast, Kei'ral could see this gesture clearly.

Kei'ral: You oversized dog... Fiiiiineeeeee I'll finish this leg.

Just like that, more annoyed than before, he started to force himself to devour the rest of the leg while making all his efforts not to puke the food. Once he finished the leg, he stood up and started to walk around the place in a showy way to demonstrate that he was totally fine.