Breaking in

-Kei'ral POV-

I was currently sitting with Ahri on a café, talking about some serious matters. For this, we were obviously on a separated table, watching carefully if people get to close to change the conversation immediately. Not the best plan in the world but meh, we threw away any discretion an hour ago.

Truth be told, it was irresponsible. I know it was, but Ahri seemed to be having so much fun and I couldn't get myself to ruin it for her. A childish reason, I know, but this girl rarely gives others a genuine smile.

Ahri: So, what are the plans for now on?

Me: I guess I'll stay on the hunt for that Stygian Zinogre and prepare myself for bigger battles.

Ahri: What about the Kirin and the other possible Elder Dragons?

Me: The Kirin will be fine even if we leave it on its own. It's not aggressive and it's not a threat to the ecology of this world. Even if they start to populate this world, they are not that different from a normal horse... I think. Their ecology is still some sort of a mystery, since they are so rare.

Ahri: But, Kirin... isn't that a mythological beast form Asia?

Me: Yeah, the legends spread to even Ionia, they are part of the folklore. But the beast from our mythology is even more draconic and controls fire instead of lightning. The reason of the beast being named that way is because of the several similarities with the myth, you know, equine phenotype and dragon-like features like scales.

Ahri: Okay then. They don't represent a bigger threat to the ecology, if we can avoid fighting with a powerful dragon, I'm fine with that. As for the other Elders?

Me: Well, the red trail of light was most likely a Valstrax. Which means that we are in one heck of a trouble.

Ahri: How bad it is?

Me: He's not aggressive, normally. But the moment he feels threatened... well, he will raise hell. It's fast, really fast. You saw it flying and let me tell you, it wasn't going at max speed. Even on land, he's fast. It has a slim body, but incredibly firm and strong enough to resist the high speeds of its flight. Its wings have a special cavity that allows the Dragon element in his body to be shot as a projectile or be used as propulsion to fly faster than the speed of sound. Those wings can also change the way they're facing, allowing the dragon to use them as extremely sharp claws. Speaking of the Dragon element, this is naturally produced on the elder's chest, but this process is extremely painful. It controls the production of this element with its breath rhythm but hitting the torso in the right moment could interrupt this process and make the Dragon element explode inside of the dragon, causing a lot of damage to it. Of course, this is only possible if you manage to match its speed in combat.

My mind kept thinking on any possible information I could gather about this Elder Dragon, until Ahri came with a valid question, and quite honestly, something I should be wondering too.

Ahri: All this knowledge, do you know where does it come from?

Well, I have my theories, the several remnants of the souls of the darkin and their wielders are probably sticking to my own. So far, I haven't seen any problem with myself, but the future is uncertain and the nature of this "mutation" is too. My best bet is that I'm taking the remnant of those souls and using the memories still inside them.

Me: All I can think if is the darkin side of me sharing memories from the different remnants of the souls inside the lake.

She sighed at this, it's a vague answer I know, but that's the best idea I have.

Ahri: So, changing the topic a little, what are you planning to do about the blood samples the nurse took from you on the medical exam?

Me: I guess my only option is to take them away, I don't think it's a good idea to enroll the nurse of the school in all this mess. Or it there any chance that she already knows and collaborates with you?