Investigation progress

-Jinx POV-

The classes finally came to an end and I was ready to head into Ekko's workshop to see if he had any advances on his tech. Something that, honestly, wasn't that much of my interest. But orders are orders and if Lux and Ahri say that this could be helpful to keep the world in one piece, then who I am to question it.

Well, I'm actually the first one to question it. But by now, I don't see any use on arguing back and I didn't have anything planned for today anyways.

As I walked through the city, stopping on a traffic light. Then I noticed a single idiot acting like a douchebag in front of all the girls that were walking in front of him. Something pitiful to watch so, I turned away my sight. I kinda happen to know who that is, yet I have never get involved with him, for obvious reasons. He is completely different from the usual elegant chaos that I like to create, all he does is being an idiot for the sake of making himself look stronger. I'm an agent of chaos that knows her rules and her limits, nothing that could actually put someone in danger, or cause a major problem in their lives. Standards and values are the things that separate me from a psycho that just commits crimes for the sake of making a specific police duo go nuts... That something oddly specific that I've been dreaming for quite some time now that I think so.

Anyways, I resumed my normal "ignore the assholes and center on your business" technique, but something I couldn't really ignore came to my ears.

???: Hey! I already told you no! I have to get to work!

I looked at him and saw how he was fooling around with one small girl, probably a second grader from the institute at the other side of the city. Truth be told, those idiots from the "Great intercultural institute" usually are nothing but showoffs that think they are the best students in the world just because of their prestige. Buuuuuuuut I couldn't just let that lowlife have his way with the poor girl.

Let's just hope she actually thanks me for the help, the other students I've helped have only answered with a scoff and the "I had it under control" excuse.

I crossed the road and then tapped on the guy's shoulder, calling his attention.

Me: Hey, could you stop being a bunch of scum and let the girl go where she needs to go?

???: What?

He turned to see me with a confused glare... and then he started to laugh at me.

???: Ahahahahha! Come on! Repeat what you just said please, I couldn't hear you down there. The Outcast Larry doesn't hear little bitches that well.

Me: Did you... did you seriously talked about yourself in third person?

Carry: Listen here chihuahua, I don't have time for you. The Larry is using his charm to get himself something fresh for the night.

Girl: Blegh... disgusting.

Me: You... my goodness you are a lost cause.

I ignored the waste of oxygen in front of me and passed by him, friendly grabbing the girl's shoulder, softly pushing her with me to leave the place.

Me: Come on... huh...

Girl: Taliyah.

Me: Taliyah! You wouldn't want to be late to your job, wouldn't you?

Barry: Hey what the hell little bitch!? I told you she was with me!

Me: No, she's not. Now leave her alone, she has a life to attend. Though I don't expect you to understand that seeing that you probably didn't even pass the kindergarten.

Just as I started to walk away with the girl, the girl besides me gasped, alerting me about the guy behind me. To avoid the attack on a completely safe way, I just did a quick step forwards and dragged the girl with me to keep her out of the line of fire. The guy had taken out a metallic bat from... somewhere? I guess that he took it out of his ass because he definitely didn't have that thing before.