Reasons

-Third Person POV-

Sarah Fortune and Kei'ral were wandering around the forest in the outsides of Valoran. Their current objective was to look for the fugitive Stygian Zinogre, though this was something Kei'ral normally did on his own. He was surprised when Sarah offered herself to accompany him, considering that she was never that attached to him; in fact, she often avoided the guy. He had come to the understanding that she just didn't enjoyed his company and he had come to terms with the idea, you can't be friends with everyone after all. Or maybe he was wrong.

It was a unique chance to become more intimate as friends. So, of course he wouldn't let this chance be wasted.

Sarah: Have you found any clue?

Kei'ral: Huh? Oh, not yet. That overgrowth doggo has become quite stealthy lately.

Sarah: That just means that there is nothing interesting in this forest. Great, I came here because I was expecting a good fight.

Kei'ral: You know, having nothing interesting in this forest is for the best. We are not looking to fight the wyverns and Elder Dragons; we just want to keep the ecological order of this world.

Sarah: Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Not a great start, but he was trying to enjoy the company, nonetheless. Ahri and Lux were working, Ezreal was on the same situation thanks to him recovering his job. Soraka was also working on the bakery. Syndra was being overloaded with school projects (and she didn't even talk to him that much either), Jinx went with Ekko to his workshop to work on new weapons, Lulu and Poppy were occupied with school clubs. Janna was the same as Syndra...

Yeah, he would normally be alone in this.

Sarah kept an uninterested attitude, while Kei'ral was just enjoying the calm of the place.

Kei'ral: Don't you like the peace of this place?

Sarah: Do I have to answer?

Kei'ral: You... are not really happy to be here.

Sarah: Really? What made you noticed that?

The sass in her voice made Kei'ral feel uncomfortable, but he tried to ignore it.

Kei'ral: If you didn't want to come, then why did you come with me?

Sarah: I told you, I thought that there was going to happen something interesting. Like killing something big.

Kei'ral: Why would you even want to kill something?

Sarah: You spent seven years killing voidlings and now you are hunting down wyverns and dragons. You surely know the answer to that question better than I.

Kei'ral: Why would I? I hate killing things, like every sane person.

Sarah: You? Talking about sanity?

Kei'ral: Hey, I'm fairly normal... right?

She noticed the worry on his last question but didn't really care about it.

Sarah: I'm just saying, I you didn't want to kill or fight, you wouldn't be here.

Kei'ral: I'm here because I'm needed.

She rolled her eyes and kept walking in silence. Kei'ral felt uncomfortable for the conversation ending so abruptly, but let it go because he didn't want her to think he was being clingy. His attention returned to the forest around them, looking for wildlife and more importantly, clues about the Zinogre.

He had the idea of transform into a Zinogre himself, but that would attract too much attention from the local news if there happen to be a family camping or something, or scare the animals living in the forest. Or in the worst case, he could attract the other Zinogre way too effectively, causing a sudden ruckus.