A past in ruins

-Third Person POV-

The past month has been the hardest of her life, with everything seemingly against her. From the people in her job to the decaying situation of the house she once called home. For a while, Kai'sel couldn't see that place as her resting place, her sacred place. It was just a nest for the most hurting and painful memories.

Sweet moments, like seeing her first child call her mom for the first time, turn into a constant reminder of that now lost to her. But then a spark of hope came, when she received the call that would return her all the will to live she was starting to lose.

Her daughter was back, somehow, after a whole month of disappearance, she was back. Having her between her arms was the most relieving feeling of her life, as if everything recovered the sense. But then, a further explanation had to be delivered.

Sitting in the living room right beside her daughter, Kai'sel watched a group of intrigued looking Star Guardians. The first one to talk was the fox girl, uncovering a veil of magic and allowing the worried mother to see who was hiding behind it.

Ahri: There's still a lot you need to know.

Kai'sel: Ahri?

She looked at the parents of the fox girl, looking for some sort of reaction to the situation. But they anticipated this, with the father being the one to solve her doubt.

Legge: We knew about this from the beginning, we are proud of her for all the lives she has saved.

Ahri: Their support has meant a lot for me, if not everything. But we shouldn't be talking about me right now.

Syndra: Well that's new.

Everyone shared a small chuckle at this, but quickly dismissed it to center on the important. Kai'sa on her side was feeling a lot more nervous than before, the presence of Balto sitting on her lap helped a lot though.

Ahri: Kai'sa is not the only one that came back.

There it was the revelation. Kai'sel looked at the fox girl with confused and worried eyes, just to change her expression to utter disbelief the next moment.

Ahri: Your son, Kei'ral, is alive. And he's currently in the surroundings of the city.

Kai'sel: My baby is alive!?

Ahri: Yes... he has been...

Ruri: He returned from the void two months ago, and we gave him shelter all this time. But his mental sanity is almost broken, he has been feeling lost and scared since then... to the point he couldn't bring himself to face you once more.

Kai'sel: What?...

Legge: He's been avoiding contact with you because of the terrible guilt he feels for abandoning you. We've been encouraging to go out of that self-imposed prison, but as you can imagine, someone heartbroken is not easy to persuade.

Kai'sel: Where, where is he right now!?

Ahri: We don't know... but there's a lot more you need to know about him, and about Kai'sa.

The mother turned to see her daughter, seeing her hugging her dog with worried eyes.

Ahri: It all started the same day you lost him...

*

A demonic mixture of an Odogaron and a human was running wild through the waste lands where he once killed a Teostra. Running away from his own demons, Kei'ral kept facing visions of death and despair the more he advanced through the arid area. Without even paying attention to his surroundings, he kept moving forward, ignoring how far was he running. He didn't know how much time has passed, it could be minutes, hours or even days. But his mind was plagued in terror and despair, clouding his thoughts and feelings beyond what he could control.