Unwanted talk

-Third Person POV-

Kei'ral and Ahri were standing right outside the cave, looking at each other in silence for several seconds. Kei'ral broke visual contact to see himself and the current state of his body, showing the red scales and almost infernal appearance of the Odogaron he killed the night before.

As if this added some weight to his grief, he sighed and then started to silently walk inside the cave. Ahri didn't move and just waited for him to say anything, but when he just entered the cave without even bothering to say something, she followed while breaking the silence.

Ahri: Wait! Where are you going!?

He just kept his way through the small entrance until he finally reached the area where he has been living for a while now. Sitting next to a wall and resting his back on it, he tried his best to not say anything to her, who just followed him inside.

Ahri: Nothing to say? I was expecting you to be as talkative as always...

He made a complicated expression and kept his silence.

Ahri: Is this the place where you've been hiding?...

The girl started to feel worried for the guy's behavior, but she didn't have much time to process it as she heard some steps coming from the entrance of the cave. Way too heavy to be human's, she readied herself for anything...

And was surprised by the sight of a mini Zinogre running happily inside the cave. The little wyvern noticed the guy already being inside the place and rushed to him while barking, Kei'ral couldn't help but to smile at the little fluffball's behavior. Soon after, heavier steps came from the same entrance, letting a full growth Stygian Zinogre enter the cave with the corpse of a gargwa between his maws.

The moment he noticed Ahri inside the cave, he let go of his food and started to charge up his energy but was quickly stopped by Kei'ral.

Kei'ral: Wow! Calm down Cerberus! She's not a threat.

Ahri: Cerberus?

Kei'ral: Huh... yeah, that's how I name him. *sigh* I still own explanations to Shyvana, now I have to explain what's going on to you too? This is getting ridiculous; I was supposed to be away from everyone.

Ahri: What!?

Right after that, flapping sounds came from outside of the cave, obviously made by a huge creature.

Ahri: Now what!?

Seconds after, an Azure Rathalos entered the cave while holding roasted meat in its maws. Letting go of it on the ground and covering itself in flames. Shyvana stood in front of the meat while looking at Kei'ral.

Shyvana: There, I got some food. Now you have to explain everything that has happened.

Ahri: So, you too?

The wyvern hybrid finally acknowledged the presence of the fox girl in the cave, looking at her with surprise. Ahri just rolled her eyes and looked back at Kei'ral. Shyvana was quick to follow and walked right beside the vastaya.

Kei'ral took a moment to rethink everything that has happened, before he sighed, ready to begin his explanation.

Kei'ral: I guess I'll start for the part of these two hellhounds being my friends. It happened after the first encounter with Cerberus, when I fought him with Soraka and Ekko.

*

-Flashback-

Days after the first encounter with the Stygian Zinogre, Kei'ral found himself wandering through the forest while trying to find that same wyvern. Being the kind of beast that it is, it would be incredibly dangerous to leave it roam around freely in the world. He had been hunting that monster for a couple of days already, but to no avail for the most part. He was clueless of the whereabouts of the fanged wyvern and the more it stayed free, the more danger it would mean for everyone inside and out of the forest.