Learning

-Third Person POV-

Ahri: Very well, we have an attire week to help you adapt to the new world.

Kei'ral: You say it like I was Captain America, I was gone for seven years not fifty.

Ahri: Fine then, what happened here in Valoran after the first Void rift?

Kei'ral: What kind of question is that!? I don't know!

Ahri: Then you do need to learn about the new world.

Kei'ral: Does it have to be this way?

Ahri: Yes, now shut up. There's going to be a test after this.

The current situation was curious to say the least. The dinning room was being used as an improvised classroom, with a whiteboard in front of the table and the guy being the only one sitting down. Meanwhile, Ahri was standing right beside the board with a tablet in her hand while pointing to an overcomplicated scheme of the most important events of the last seven years. She was dressed casually, jeans and a pink, long sleeved blouse.

Kei'ral: I was excited about returning to school, but now you just killed my mood.

Ahri: Excellent! That means that you are going to stay quiet and I will be able to finish this without you getting on my nerves.

Kei'ral: How rude.

Ahri: First thing first. The first Star Guardians making their apparition. Not much after you "died" some mysterious, seemingly magical warriors rose up to face the void. They were the first Star Guardians the earth has witnessed. They systematically attacked the places with higher concentration of creatures of the void and saved as many people as they could. Since then, the Star Guardian forces has been actively collaborating with the local government, since most of the void rifts seem to appear only in Valoran.

Hearing about the government, the guy remembered that Ahri's father was a police officer seven years ago.

Kei'ral: Your father was part of the police force, right?

Ahri: Right now, he's the police commissioner. You were right about him.

Kei'ral: Glad to hear things worked out for him.

Ahri: Parenthesis aside, the Star Guardians might collaborate with the government. But by no means we are tied to them. Even so, during the event of a void rift, a Star Guardian assumes immediate command on any forces present in the area.

Kei'ral: Wow, they trust a big deal on you guys.

Ahri: They do. We are the ones that can easily dispatch void beasts with magical energy after all. We are the frontline, while the police forces mostly stay behind giving covering fire.

Kei'ral: And about the void rifts, how frequent they are? And any idea of why they only appear in Valoran?

Ahri: For the first question, there's usually one or two rifts per month. As for the second one, it is probably due to our presence here. Some months after the first void rift, the theory of the Star Guardians being responsible of the void rifts started to spread out. Obviously, the Guardians of that time noticed this and investigated it. The conclusion they reached was that the void rifts could appear practically anywhere, but they were the cause of the rifts being only in Valoran; and that came with an advantage. This was the only place where those invasions occurred.

Kei'ral: Which means that the invasions could be easily contained in here.

Ahri: Exactly. Valoran had to adapt itself to it, the population too. So, the Star Guardians became the protectors of not just Valoran, but the entire world.