Aftermath

-Third Person POV-

In the beginning of the night, inside the burning forest, a Stygian Zinogre wandered the lands in search for food. Confused by his surroundings, he kept walking in hopes to find something still alive, or at least fresh enough for him to eat.

The flames flickered between a bright shade of orange and yellow to a dark purple that the beast knew very well. The Zinogre was well aware of the presence of a Gore Magala in this new environment and normally, he wouldn't come out of his lair at this time of the day, with the sunset giving its lasts shines. This was the favorite moment of the Gore Magala, this was its hunting time. But with his main source of food being suddenly out of the question, the fanged wyvern had to come out in order to get something to eat.

The flames didn't seem to disappear as they kept consuming the surroundings.

Or at least that's how it looked like, until all of them suddenly died out...

Confused, the Zinogre heard a powerful explosion not too far away from the place he was wandering on. Knowing that it was trouble, and possibly even more than he could take, he decided to avoid the direction where the explosion's sound came from. But a familiar smell attracted him, up until that moment, he had noticed it in the flames surrounding him. Those were the flames of a Teostra, and they were infected by the dark energy of the Gore Magala, but there was something familiar on the Teostra's flames. Something strong enough to make him follow the sound of the explosion.

Against his best instincts, he kept going until he found a battlefield. Every flame had faded away and the remains of the ones that caused this were on the floor in front of the wolf wyvern. The body of the Gore Magala, shattered and lifeless like an empty carcass. And the body of a human, torn apart and burnt to the point where it was almost unrecognizable. Yet the fanged wyvern managed to notice something in the last one.

The devastated rests of this human were still twitching...

The empty carcass of the Gore Magala was lying lifeless far away from the human, but the Zinogre noticed several underdeveloped golden scales lying around this carcass. Taking a note of this, the Zinogre readied himself for the worst in the future and directed his attention to the "corpse" of the human in front of him.

Something familiar in it, as if he knew this human very well. Nearing his head to see the rests of the human and catching a familiar smell on him, something almost identical to himself... The distinctive smell of a Teostra was also in there. But something finally made the Zinogre recognize the human lying in front of him. A particular signal of bioenergy flowing weakly inside of the body, one that he knew very well due to the constant contact with it.

The Zinogre nudged the body with his snout, but didn't receive a signal of life as a response...

But there was a faint pulse of bioenergy. Something that was just enough for the Zinogre to consider the human in front of him as someone that was still alive.

With all the care in the world, the fanged wyvern took the severely damaged body of the human between his maws and started to walk away towards his lair.

*

-Ahri POV-

After the call from Sarah and the flare in the sky, me and everyone else rushed to the forest near the city. Encountering the unconscious body of Sarah in the border of the forest, her body seemed to be contaminated by some sort of infection. Soraka stood behind alongside Lulu and Poppy as company, just in case. While the rest of us rushed to the forest to look for Kei'ral, everyone ready to fight against the monster that attacked both him and Sarah.

Lux: She said they were attacked by a black dragon! Right!?

Ezreal: Do you think it's something that even Kei'ral can't face alone!?