Chapter Ten

"What are you talking about?" San said, watching as a frantic Hyunjae (TheBoyz) tried to find the best way to give him the news.

"The angel-"

San shot out of his seat holding onto Hyunjae's hand as he read the demon's memories. Hyunjae passed the hallway looking at the balcony as his uncle's guards dragged a yelling Hongjoong away.

Letting go of Hyunjae's arm he vanished heading straight for the throne room.

He made a deal with him without even talking to him about it and now it was too late to save either of them.

~•~

"Hongjoong was banished to Earth." San said, petting his plushie that appeared into arms from nowhere. There was no point in putting Wooyoung or any of his friends in danger by telling them that he was the King of hell and there was a whole revolution going on.

Same reason Hongjoong didn't bother to tell Yeosang until he had too.

"Okay." Wooyoung said, not minding the lack of detail in San's answer. "I'm glad you two found each other he should come over more often now that you two---- well we all know each other."

"Why aren't you suggesting that he take me back home human?" San thought not bothering to ask the question out loud as he watched Wooyoung head into his kitchen. "Don't you want to get rid of me?"

San thought of all the possible responses he expected his human to have.

"Does he know where the board is? Can he get you home? Stay with Hongjoong while you're on Earth!"

"What do you want for lunch by the way? Or is it dinner? I really can't tell after Hongjoong froze us." Wooyoung said now, glancing at the vase that was once broken. Thankfully San had told him that much. 

Demon powers must come in handy.

"I'm not hungry." San said, plainly making his way to Wooyoung's bedroom knowing full well he could trust the other. It's just that his human's actions still surprised him.

Wooyoung saw the bedroom door close and heard the windows being drawn as San probably took the window nook again.

Wooyoung sighed heading to his office to do some work, in order to give the demon some space. There was definitely more to Hongjoong and San's story but he had to respect his demon's decision to not share the details until he felt like it.

After he did his paperwork, Wooyoung started to put the data onto his computer when he noticed a shadow move in the corner of his vision. He panicked a little, a demon was probably not enough to get him used to the supernatural world.

He looked around his room finding nothing out if the ordinary before his eyes fell in the clock that read 4 am.

He overworked himself again and lost sleep. Grrreeeaaaaatt.

He shut off his computer taking a shower and brushing his teeth before heading to his bedroom carefully opening the door to not wake San up.

He was right. San took the window nook again. He grabbed his pajamas, double checking if his demon was alseep.

Little did he know the demon didn't even get a wink of sleep past 11 waiting for his human to sleep.

San didn't pretend to be asleep either as he turned around to look at his human who panicked and put his shirt back on.

"My eyes are closed and it's 4 am." San said, head still leaning towards his human's direction.

"Ooof, you scared me." Wooyoung said, a smile forming on his face after he could safely put his clothes on.

"Do humans not need sleep?" San asked, opening his eyes once Wooyoung tapped his shoulder. He held on to his wrist tugging him gently towards his bed.

"The window nook is uncomfortable and we do need sleep. I just lost track of time." Wooyoung explained, rolling San up in his blanket before joining him on the other side.

At moments like these he knew that him and San were close so he didn't get why they were awkward half the time. Or maybe they weren't and they were just overthinking??

Wooyoung reached out his arm to San just in case he needed it since he was still scared to sleep alone sometimes.

"Sleep well." Wooyoung said, before slowly drifting off to sleep. 

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~ 

Yeosang slammed on the breaks calming down a bit. He was a chill person and he was already familiar with the demon world so he could forgive Hongjoong for not telling him. He didn't even care if Hongjoong was a demon or not.

"Are you feeling better?" Hongjoong asked, turning towards the other having just witnessed Yeosang speed 120 miles down a packed highway. At least he was alive. 

"Yeah thank you." Yeosang said, undoing his seat belt and getting out of the car. He had driven the two of them to their favorite place on the hill where it overlooked all of Seoul. Hongjoong got out with him getting a few blankets and coffee from the trunk.

"You aren't mad anymore?" Hongjoong asked, handing him a bottle of coffee and a blanket to sit on.

"Nope." Yeosang said. "But I do have a lot of questions."

"Ask away." Hongjoong said sitting next to Yeosang as he drank away his coffee.

"When I was drunk that night and I almost fell from the roof at that party you were the one who saved me right?" Yeosang asked, looking back on the night they first met.

"You did fall and I had to fall three stories to catch you and had to have my car washed the next day cuz you threw up everywhere." Hongjoong said. A part of him was so happy that Yeosang found out cuz now he could tease him to his heart's content and all those pranks he pulled for years made sense.

"So I did fall." Yeosang said, his face drained of all color as he thought about himself being dead.

"And we've been friends ever since." Hongjoong chuckled. Yeosang looked so small the first time he walked into his office to apologize and pay for the car wash. It had been 3 years since then.

"The one who was stalking you-" Yeosang began.

"He was looking for San. I was just a way to get to him." Hongjoong confessed. "He is the king of demons in Hell."

Hongjoong looked up at Yeosang who just nodded and drank his coffee staring at the city. He could hear his internal screaming though but it only lasted for a few seconds.

"If he's the king of hell, then do humans have a king on Earth?" Yeosang asked out of curiosity.

"You're sitting next to him." Hongjoong said, chugging down his coffee to avoid answering. Yeosang froze, only giving a slight nod in response. 

"Coffee won't cut it let's go for a drink your highness." Yeosang said his internal screaming returning.