It's Complicated

The next day Yunho, Mingi, and Jongho all went over to Wooyoung's place to check up on the two and apologize for last night, Yeosang and Hongjoong having not been around since the night before.

And of course they brought snacks and soda.

Jongho rang the doorbell watching as the door opened on its own to let them in.

"I really should be okay with that but that's unsettling." Jongho said, walking into Wooyoung's living room waving hi to San who was on the couch. Yunho and Mingi said their hellos too sitting down next to San.

"Thank you for last night." Wooyoung said, pulling Jongho into a hug. Jongho smiled hugging Wooyoung back.

"It was nothing." Jongho said. Yunho smiled looking over at San catching the way he pouted as he looked at the hug.

"Do you want one too?" Yunho asked quietly, reaching his hands out to hug San who shook his head no even though he did want one. Wooyoung looked over at them with a small smile.

"I'm off to work. You guys take care." Wooyoung said, waving goodbye at them, as he walked out the door.

Mingi and Yunho gave each other a look seeing the way the two looked at each other. Jongho caught on too smiling.

"Oh shoot. I forgot to give this to Wooyoung." Jongho said, pulling out his house key. "San could you give this to him?" 

San nodded, grabbing the key as he teleported to the parking lot.

"Didn't you need that?" Yunho asked, looking at Jongho.

"We're roommates again, remember? We have another one." Jongho said, looking back to last night when they agreed to just end the fight and be roommates again.

"We only have one key." Yunho said, watching as Jongho just nodded.

"Such is life."

~•~•~•~ Down at the parking lot ~•~•~•~

"Human, you forgot this." San said, getting to the parking lot right before the other got into his car. Wooyoung smiled, taking the key from San.

"Oh thank you but what is it?" Wooyoung said, looking at the gummy bear keychain and the key attached to it.

"Jongho asked me to give it to you." San said, plainly.

Wooyoung didn't know why it bothered him when San called everyone else by their names but he called him human. Jonhgo and the others were human too, why just call him human?

He'd only ever heard San say his name twice. Once when he was drunk and another time last night in the parking lot.

"Human?" San said, breaking Wooyoung away from his thoughts. "Aren't you going to be late to work?" 

"Oh yeah, um could you please hand this back to Jongho and tell him I already have mine." Wooyoung said with a smile handing the key back to San who nodded.

"I'll get going then. Don't want to be late." Wooyoung smiled, getting into his car. His smile immediately dropped though for no reason.

"Maybe I should just start calling him demon. See if he likes it." Wooyoung thought. "Wait why is it so important?"

San tapped on his window, asking Wooyoung to roll down his window.

"Is there something wrong?" Wooyoung asked, his smile returning.

"Have a good day at work." San said with a small smile that made Wooyoung's heart flutter. Had he ever seen San smile before?

"I'll try." Wooyoung said smiling, watching as San disappeared back to the house.

~•~•~•~ Back at Home ~•~•~•~

"Nah he was chill." Jongho said, as San poofed back into the living room. "All I did was ask him to speed up and he said I have a better idea, make sure to protect your face and then BAM we slammed into the cop car."

"Dang, it's good he's working for us now." Mingi said, laying his down on Yunho's lap.

"Yeah it is." Jongho said, sipping his drink as he turned to the side, choking, not expecting San to be standing next to him.

"Oh you're just in time. We were talking about the driver that crashed into the cop car." Yunho said, inviting San to sit down as Jongho coughed, clearing his throat. Mingi waved at him as he got up from Yunho's lap to grab some snacks.

"If I see Changbin again though can I punch him?" Mingi asked, getting to the point of the conversation that everyone knew was coming but didn't want to talk about.

"Mingi." Yunho said, looking up at him growing a little angry. "Not this again."

"Jisung never starts a fight, what got into him?" Jongho said, eating some chips as he tried his best to change the direction of the conversation.

San sat quietly too listening to the conversation. He couldn't help himself if he was curious about Changbin. He had only met the other for a few seconds before the cop pulled him away and what little he did know of him came from Wooyoung who didn't tell him anything.

"I hate to admit that you're right." Mingi sighed, thinking back on the days that all of them used to be friends. He couldn't lie and say they weren't good days when they were. That didn't mean he liked the people who helped him make those memories though.

Mingi smiled getting up as he sat next to San throwing his hand over his shoulder bringing him closer.

"San could you do me a tiny favor?" Mingi asked. San pulled away a little to look at Mingi and not as his jawline.

"Could you maybe possess Changbin and make him jump off a cliff or something?" Mingi said, adding on the last part really quickly.

"Mingi stop." Yunho said, going back to his phone. Jongho sipped his drink, not sure how to react to Mingi's dark request. He wasn't against it though.

"You know what he did to Wooyoung! Come on Yunho you wouldn't even let me punch him that day, last night, or ever!" Mingi said, knowing exactly what Yunho would say next. Something about him being upset too and how he wouldn't ask someone to hurt Changbin as much as he wanted to do that.

"Wooyoung went through a lot because of that guy." Jongho said, trying his best not to bring back the memories.

"I'm just as upset as you are but you don't see me trying to convince San to possess him do you? As much as I want to, that is." Yunho said, with a sigh. He hated thinking about that day. Especially when he knew more about the story than anyone else did.

"Do you just want me to let it go!?" Mingi said. "He still thinks about it from time to time and how long has it been? A year?"

"These types of things take time." Yunho said, getting up. "Come on we're going to be late to our movie."

"Oh yeah you bought tickets for San to apologize huh?" Jongho said, getting up to put the snacks in Wooyoung's kitchen before they left as he wanted to run away from the conversation.

"San's never been to a theater so I thought that was best." Yunho said, taking Minigi's hand off San's shoulders as he pulled the other up into a hug.

San used his powers appearing next to Jongho to get a better view of the scene. Jongho freaked out again, almost tripping on the kitchen table as he came to stand next to the demon.

"Relax." Yunho said, holding onto Mingi. "Let's have a good day okay?" Yunho said, pulling away from the hug and holding onto Mingi's hand.

Mingi let out a long sigh nodding his head. "Only if you get me popcorn."

"Deal, last one to the parking lot is a rotten egg!" Yunho said, letting go of Mingi's arm as he ran out the door.

"Humans and their weird sayings and phrases." San thought, teleporting to the parking lot. If a human was going to turn into an egg he really wanted to see it.