Different

The clock read 3:30 am, their dark room being lit by the street light outside since the moon was hiding behind grey clouds. 

Wooyoung had his hand under his head, looking at San and wondering what the heck was it that he was feeling.

San made his heart flutter, he made him smile, he made him blush for sure, and he felt like home.

So why couldn't he call it liking?

Maybe the fortune teller was right.

Maybe he was scared to like San.

So many maybes so the guy was right about him overthinking too.

Wooyoung closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep, when San rolled over to his side, reaching out to find something to hug, finding Wooyoung and pulling him closer to himself.

Wooyoung couldn't help the blush on his cheeks, feeling his heart race as he looked at San.

He was too weak to handle this. 

San scoot in even closer, a small smile on his face as he opened his eyes, his smile falling a bit seeing Wooyoung instead of his bear.

San wanted to scoot away to give Wooyoung space, but Wooyoung put his arm around his waist, silently asking him to stay.

Wooyoung looked at San, shutting off his thoughts for once that were screaming at him to stop.

To stop falling for San, to stop before he gets hurt, to stop before it got worse.

But Wooyoung didn't care.

Let things get worse, let him get hurt, let the past repeat itself if it had to.

He'd be fine with it if it meant he was falling for San.

Right? 

He waited for San to pull away, praying that he would pull away, a part of him still wanting, begging him to listen to his head.

But when San didn't pull away, scooting closer to him to make sure that he was okay he just had to.

He leaned in, kissing San gently on the lips, feeling his heart pound in his ears as San stopped breathing entirely.

The moment was too short, Wooyoung pulling away to look up at San who just looked at him face flushed as his eyes turned a slight golden color.

Wooyoung grabbed San's arm and put it under his head, scooting over to hug him, hiding his head in the crook of his neck, San hugging him back without a word. 

Wooyoung's heart broke almost like the first time, remembering the feeling of San's lips on his, having memorized it the moment their lips met.

He was falling for San.

He already had, probably a long time ago but the guy who now had an octopus named after him was right. 

He was scared.

Scared af.

But San was worth going through that pain again.

He wasn't going to stay.
He couldn't stay.

So he already knew how it would end. 

He knew what he was getting himself into but he didn't care. 

He wanted to fall for San without holding back. 

The guy did say he was going to lose someone.

Wooyoung hugged San tighter trying to hold back his tears as he felt the familiar drowning feeling he had every time all he wanted to do was cry.

He was going to lose San.

___________________

*me sitting here trying to figure out where the angst came from lookin lost*