chapter 55: Sadie Hawkins

He walks away.
The sun goes down.
He takes the day, but I'm grown.
And in your way,
in this blue shade,
my tears dry on their own.

~Amy Winehouse, Tears Dry On Their Own

Eventually, Winter Break ended, and Violet, Burt, and Blaine all flew back to Lima

Eventually, Winter Break ended, and Violet, Burt, and Blaine all flew back to Lima. After the break, Violet was actually refreshed and feeling better. It also helped that when she came back, she came back to Sebastian.

Actually, whenever Violet had any free time, she was typically either talking to Sebastian or spending time with him behind everyone else's backs.

But this also meant that when the student council decided to have a Sadie Hawkins dance, Violet wouldn't be able to take him even if she wanted to. And in all honesty, she really didn't want to take anyone else who went to that school either.

Well, with the exception of one person, but he was already taken.

"I'm so single," Violet complained to Marley as she leaned her onto her shoulder. "I swear, I've only been in a relationship once whenever being a couple was convenient or necessary. Now, I'm destined to go to this dance alone or I might even just stay home, but knowing this club's track record..."

The pair was currently sitting in the astronomy classroom for Glee Club. Since the club was officially back, they kept needing to find to places where they could meet and rehearse, so they've resorted to going into empty classrooms.

Sue still refuses to let the New Directions rehearse on the stage even though Violet is there every other time. She just did this to spite the New Directions, specifically Mr. Schue and Finn, even more so.

Marley patted Violet's shoulder sympathetically, "I mean you could always come with me and Jake. It'll be fun!"

Violet scrunched her nose, "I'd prefer to not be a third wheel."

Finn then walked in, "So this week in Glee Club, it's ladies' choice, inspired by the Sadie Hawkins Dance."

"Which I thought of. It was my idea," Tina interjected which made Violet loudly groan.

Finn acknowledged her, "Yes, thank you, Tina. And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance."

Violet then looked over at Tina and noticed how she was eyeing Blaine. Her eyes widened in realization once she decoded Tina's expression which made her stifle a laugh.

Marley whispered, "What's so funny?"

"I'll tell you later," Violet whispered back, still trying to keep herself from bursting out laughing.

Kitty then entered the doorway, "Well, I, for one, love this lesson. I've got a song I want to sing to somebody." She then started to eye Jake who was seated in front of Marley, something Marley instantly took notice of and instantly started to worry about.