chapter 46: Britney 2.0

So I'm convinced
you're from outer space.
And I want you to know that
I'm in love, but I
don't want you to feel comfortable.

~beabadoobee, Horen Sarrison

"Oh! Kurt's calling!" Violet exclaimed while she was pulling into the McKinley High parking lot

"Oh! Kurt's calling!" Violet exclaimed while she was pulling into the McKinley High parking lot. "You can go in first if you want."

Sam shook his head, "I'm perfectly content right here with you. Plus, I wanna know the gossip just as much as you do."

Violet grinned and pecked him on the lips before picking up Kurt's call, "You're on speaker and Sam's here with me."

"Hey, dude! How's New York?"

Violet could practically hear the joy dripping from his words, "It's amazing. Violet, you were right. I should've just come to New York."

"Did you find an apartment yet?" Violet asked.

"Actually, yeah. Rachel and I found this massive apartment for like $1800 a month in Bushwick!"

Violet widened her eyes, "You're living in Bushwick?"

"Don't worry. I have mace plus, I figured out that if I walk around like someone who looks crazy, people tend to leave you alone at night," Kurt reassured Violet.

"Okay, okay, I get it," Violet chuckled.

Sam then asked, "So have you found a job yet?"

"I'm actually going in for my Vogue.com interview next week, so wish me luck. I'm honestly so nervous. I haven't been this nervous since my NYADA audition and you both know how that turned out–"

"Kurt, you're gonna kill it! Don't stress yourself out too much over this. The only thing that you should be stressed about is being Rachel Berry's stress ball," Violet joked.

"Oh my God, don't even get me started on Rachel. When I came here, she literally called me on the phone crying because everything was going wrong. Apparently, her dance teacher hates her," Kurt gossiped.

Violet stifled a laugh, "Why did I not see this coming? God, I hope it's Cassandra July."

Sam interrupted, "Uh, who's Cassandra July?"

"She was an up and coming Broadway actress until she ruined it by beating someone with an umbrella midshow," Kurt explained.

Violet continued, "She's also a professor for dance classes at NYADA now, and she's one of the best in the biz. She's incredibly tough, so I can only imagine that she'd chew Rachel up and spit her out."

She then looked over at the time, "Shit, I have to set up for Cheerios practice soon. Text me updates okay?"

Kurt agreed and the call promptly ended, but Sam raised an eyebrow at his girlfriend as they both exited the car and both made their way into the school.