chapter 67: Love, Love, Love pt. 2

So keep in mind
all the sacrifices that I'm making
to keep you by my side,
to keep you from walking out the door.

~Bruno Mars, It Will Rain

Violet walked into the choir room that afternoon and sat next to Sam with an apologetic look

"Hey, I'm sorry that talking with Kitty took so long. We were talking through things that we kinda talked about at the fair, and it took longer than expected. I mean, I don't even know if I got through to her–"

Sam clasped his hands with hers which stopped her, "Hey, it's okay. We can do it another time. If Kitty needed help, then she needed help. I even talked to Artie about it... kinda."

She looked at him impressed, "You did?"

"I know I'm not the best at speaking, but I think he got what I was trying to say."

"What were you trying to say, exactly?"

He looked into her dark eyes, "That I messed up before and cared too much about what other people thought, but now, I'm happy where I am."

She looked at him in awe, "I'm glad. I am too."

As everyone started to file into the room, the last ones to come in were Blaine and Mr. Schue, who had something to say.

"Okay, listen up everybody. Come on. Blaine has a very special announcement to make."

Blaine grinned, "That's right. So, as most of you know already, um, Kurt and I are officially back together."

The group applauded for the reunited couple, and he continued, "I know, but what some of you don't know– and this is top secret– is that I'm going to ask Kurt to marry me."

The group was stunned into silence until Sam got up from his seat and clapped, "Yeah, guys, come on! Get up! Come on, guys! He's my best friend. Gay marriage– good. It's good, it's good things. They're all happening so fast! Let's go!"

Violet stood up to stop Sam from rambling, "Sam, I think they get it."

Blaine nodded at Violet thankfully, "Anyway, I want this proposal to be just incredible, so I'm asking for all of your help, but I'm also asking for some of our competitors' help. Like the Warblers–"

"And I have confirmation from Sebastian that they'll do it," Vi added.

"I also want to ask Vocal Adrenaline and the Haverbrook School for the Deaf."

Once the New Directions heard the full roster, they protested. Unique shook her head, "Vocal Adrenaline? No, ma'am."

Ryder added, "The Warblers are evil incarnate little craps. I can't even believe that Violet's friends with them."