chapter 13: Comeback

"So my plan is to take Quinn to Color Me Mine, and I'm thinking we could paint coasters or even mugs. What do you think?" A slingless Violet and Sam were walking together before class, and Sam wanted Violet's advice for the date.

"It's such a cute date idea. I mean that way, you can do something intimate and fun. It's the perfect activity date for wanting to talk and spend time together. I love it."

Violet liked seeing her friend happy and she wanted to be supportive, but she didn't know if she should. It's been a couple of weeks since Valentine's Day, and it seemed like Sam was just choosing to believe what Quinn said. Sam told Violet that Finn was just choking on a gumball, and Quinn saved his life which is why she got mono from him. Violet didn't believe that for a second. There were too many plot holes within the story for it to even be remotely believable. Violet wanted to talk to Sam about it, but he pretty much tried to forget it even happened and just wanted to get things back to normal with Quinn. Violet thought that they were perfect for each other, but times have changed.

"Oh! There's Quinn. I'll catch you later for our rehab session during free period, alright?" Violet just nodded her head before Sam ran off with Quinn.

Violet didn't know what to do. Quinn was clearly lying, but Violet also didn't know why. She understands that Quinn could love two people at once, but in her mind, it was hard to justify it when one guy is clearly trying to steal Quinn away from the other, and the other is completely oblivious. Being honest would hurt Sam, but keeping it from him, and him eventually finding out would be worse. The truth always comes out.

Later on, Violet was starting to do her warmups before Sam got there

Later on, Violet was starting to do her warmups before Sam got there. Violet's been out of her sling for 2 weeks now, and her shoulder is feeling slightly stronger. Violet was doing a shoulder shrug exercise with small weights when Sam came in, "I need your help."

Violet looked at him weirdly, "Why do you look like that?"

Sam's hair was parted in completely one direction and he was wearing a purple hoodie, "I need your help booking Bat Mitzvahs." Violet was even more confused than before, so she just gave Sam a look. "Okay, so lately, I still have been feeling like Quinn's pulling away. They might've not kissed romantically, but I keep seeing Finn hanging around Quinn. So, I'm taking my dad's advice. He said that the two ways to keep your woman are through hunting and Rock n Roll. And who's more Rock n Roll than Bieber?"

Violet was speechless. He really said to her, Violet Anthony, that Justin Bieber is Rock. "There are so many things wrong with what you said. 1.) Hunting???"

"I'm from Tennessee! Hunting was a big part of the culture where I'm from."

"2.) You think that Justin Bieber is Rock? I knew you were bad at guitar, but this is offensive."

Sam just shook his head. He couldn't help but smile at Violet. These past few weeks, Sam's been mainly focused on Quinn lately because of him feeling like she was pulling away, but his feelings for Violet were still there. Even though they're small, he still felt like it was gnawing at him. "Say what you will, but Justin Bieber is a kid that managed to sell a bunch of records overnight. He's a sensation."