Chapter 36

Y/N

I will wait for you. I respect you. I adore you.

"How is ignoring me shows that he respect and adore me?" I threw my phone on the bed before dropping myself on it while whining. I was searching up about what forehead kisses means. Just trying to get some answers to my question as to why he did that and now we're suddenly back to how we used to.

Baekhyun hasn't been talking to me since that day in the conference room with Sooman scolding me for being flustered around NCT members. He would either pretend to not hear me talk to him or completely ignore my existence at all, like I'm just a gush wind passing by.

It's hurting me.

He never takes his car to work, so we wouldn't have to be alone together. I guess he thought that matters like this would rather be discussed with just the two of us and knowing how curious I get, he knows I'll probably interrogate him once I get the chance to.

Today is Amusement Park's recording, the chosen title for the single track he's gifting his fans. It's Baekhyun's first schedule since he started avoiding me, and since he spoiled about this release, the production is going to be rushed. We'll have to do the recording today and the live video filming tomorrow.

I should be excited about this, but the fact that the song is somehow shows the time we spent together, instead of making my heart flutter, it is hurting me.

Sighing, I got off the bed. Days like this will pass by, maybe Baekhyun's just trying to prove something else and that includes ignoring me. That must be it, that'll be my stance for now until I find the answer.

Since Baekhyun didn't want to see me, I thought of waiting for him at the van and never rang his bell to let him know it's time to leave. Once I reached the lobby, our personal driver was seen waiting for me at the exit.

"Baekhyun had left, he took his car."

My lips parted a bit with my eyes twinkling rapidly. "He left?" it was nothing big compared to what Jian did to him, but I feel betrayed? Disappointed? I don't know either.

He nods at me to answer and did a little gesture for us to go on. I sat on my usual seat in the van, briefly glancing to the empty seat beside me. I'm kinda not used to see his seat unoccupied, we were always together no matter how much we wanted to get into each other's nerves every single day.

"Need someone to talk to?" I moved my eyes to look at the rearview mirror, seeing the driver glancing at me for a second and then back at the road. "It's the face of someone hurt." he added.

I do need someone that I could confide my thoughts to, and he's a trusted person who had seen how Baekhyun and I went from sending death glares to having comfortable conversations in this very van. Despite showing him some suspicious acts that could get me fired in a blink, no word was delivered to Sooman.

I stared outside the window and exhaled, "Baekhyun hasn't been talking to me and I didn't know why."

"Of course, it would be Baekhyun." he chuckles softly. "What happened before that?"

"It was after our discussion for his new song. Sooman told me that I'm not allowed to be flustered around NCT members, unless I wanted to get myself fired for it. And that there's this intangible line between me as a manager and SM artists." my hands would flicker in the air as I speak. "That line thingy had been understandable since I started working for Baekhyun, so why ignore me now when we've been through so much?"