Chapter 8

Y/N

"So you have a scheduled meeting tomorrow at afternoon with Ahn Jiyoung for a collaboration in her album and..." I scrolled through the message to see if something followed. "That's it. Just the meeting. The next day will be the recording of the song."

"Okay." Baekhyun replies shortly. But since he didn't ended the call yet. I assume he still has something to say.

"Are you going to say something?" every second, I'd check the time while silently hoping he'd say what's on his mind and end the call already. 12:00 AM is approaching and I need to see the first set of his comeback's teaser photos!

"The first teaser is dropping any minute from now."

"I know, I know! Can you just say what you really wanted to say?" I immediately froze when it dawned into my mind that I sounded almost excited at the same time impatient. "I... I just wanted to sleep already."

"Well I hope you remember that you should be back to work once the teaser drops."

"And what do you want me to do? Remove the cast on my foot tomorrow and limp my way to the company?" I glanced at the clock on my nightstand, 11:58!! "Besides, all you have in your schedule while teasers are being dropped are rehearsals. I didn't have to watch you dance all day for two weeks." and you sounded like you miss me. I wanted to add those but of course I never did.

"It's just annoying to receive a call from you." he groans and the call ended even before I could say something.

"Wooh! Finally!" just in time, the clock strikes at 12:00 and notifications from twitter started coming one after another.

I'd let out sounds of amusement as I save every teaser photo I see. Since the shoot of these teasers were done before I became Baekhyun's manager, I didn't know what concept he would have.

I can't believe I'm fangirling over someone I just had a call with few minutes ago. I literally can call him, send him a message, see him everyday, and fight the hell out of him. But here I am, trying to surpass the urge to scream as my whole family is already asleep, all while zooming in every teaser photos that were released for tonight.

"Wow, if only I didn't know you're an asshole, I could've been fangirling genuinely." I may have been trying not to squeal as I look at Baekhyun's photos, but I'm halfheartedly cursing at him right now. Not because he's so handsome with the comeback concept but rather for being a rude person he is. Why does he want me to go back to work as soon as possible? To cause another chaos in order to break my bones after my leg?

Now that I think about it, the chaos was obviously Baekhyun's doing. One of those sasaeng said that he had turned his location on, that's why they were able to track him down that day we were chased in the alley. He did that and caused the stampede himself so I couldn't hang out with Sehun and Chanyeol.

Now you can't go out with SeChan.

Because you're injured.

Looking back to the first two messages he sent me right after I got home from the hospital, he really did that, for being childish. Reading his message almost made me hear his voice like he's one of those evil villains in those princess movies I've watched as a kid. I'm the princess of course I can't just bring myself down, duh? He's not far from being similar to the villains. He, too, could go such great lengths as harming someone innocent over a small matter.