Chapter 16

Italicized = flashback

--

Y/N

My eyes opened wide and a small gasp escaped my lips. It wasn't my alarm going off that woke me but my phone ringtone. I reached for the device on the nightstand to check who the hell would text me so early in the morning. I had to wink once the light of my phone screen hits my face so it wouldn't hurt my eyesight.

Barkhyun 🐶:
Wake up!

Barkhyun 🐶:
You need to come with me.

You:
What now?!

You:
Baekhyun it's literally 6 in the morning! Let me have my beauty rest for Kyungsoo's concert later!

Barkhyun 🐶:
Aren't you the one who made such rule that if I'm not in my apartment, then you should be around me?

You:
That's for when you have any official schedule for the day!

Barkhyun 🐶:
I don't care. I need you around later.

Barkhyun 🐶:
I need help to pick out a gift for my niece.

You:
How charming.

You:
That's it?

Barkhyun 🐶:
Also to help me clean my place.

"Ugh! Screw you Baekhyun!" I groaned and threw my phone back on the nightstand and pulled my blanket over my head.

Today is the day of Kyungsoo's concert and I should have enough energy for later; which is why I intently slept early last night. Knowing that I didn't have to work and remind myself to check what schedule Baekhyun will have for the day.

Though I wanted this day to be Baekhyun-free, I found myself lazily trailing behind him in a toy store while he's eyeing some things that he think his niece would like.

My head was too occupied about how I'm going to maximize my remaining time after doing everything Baekhyun had asked for me to do today, I didn't know he came into a halt while I continued walking until I bumped against his back, making me groan silently.

"I brought you with me to help me choose a gift, not to sigh every now and then." he nagged and started checking out the boxes of dolls in front of him.

"I could've been getting ready for the concert later." both of my hands slumped down on my hips. "And I told you to get that dollhouse. It was cute and she'll surely like it."

Baekhyun did the same pose as me and spun himself around. "How are you so sure about that?"

"I was once at her age, I dreamed of such dollhouse too." I rolled my eyes at him. Being reminded of how I dreamed to have such toy reminded me of someone. "On second thought, I should get that dollhouse. Wait here!" I didn't give him the chance to respond and just scurried my way back to where I saw that dollhouse earlier.

I chose what I think is the prettiest and pulled it out of the shelf while humming a happy song, missing the chance to notice how Baekhyun strutted behind me.