Chapter 38

Y/n is home! Italicized dialogues means it is being said in your perspective language and Baekhyun couldn't understand that, it's only applied when he's around and listening. I don't want to put a certain language and then translate it because it'll make the chapter long✨

--

Y/N

Before getting off the plane, I had to make sure Baekhyun wore his disguise properly incase there are fans around the place or were with us in the flight. We were greeted by my dad at the waiting area and I ran towards him, leaving Baekhyun to take care of our suitcases.

"Dad," I threw my arms around him for a quick hug. "How's grandma?"

"She's breathing fine but still unconscious." he cracks an assuring smile for me, then changing his expression into a serious one when he looks at Baekhyun. "You're here." he deadpanned.

"Yeah, I just thought, uh... Y/n needs a company." Baekhyun stuttered, but nonetheless tried to be composed as possible.

"I guess you're now treating her right?" he raised his eyebrows. "You told us you're not showing up to a concert just to accompany her."

We stared at each other with our eyes slightly widening, I was not sure how to react to that, while Baekhyun didn't know what to say.

But then confidence suddenly filled his eyes, like he just found the perfect answer to his question. He proudly looks at my father and answered, "She was there when I was having a tough time, I thought of doing the same." he gazes back at me, and dad nods in satisfaction to Baekhyun's answer.

What is this cheesy feeling? It's like a swirling sensation in my stomach. I cleared my throat to get their attention. "Can we just leave? We still have a long way to go."

"Wait, your mom just went to the bathroom."

I gasped. "Mom's here too?" and I left them behind to find the airport's bathroom and see my mom.

She just got out when I'm halfway through reaching the area, I rushed towards her and greeted her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Baekhyun's here." she smiled at him. Even when his face is covered with mask and his cap lowered so no one recognizes his eyes, I must've gotten my mom accustomed to his features because of the posters around my room before.

And she finally called him Baekhyun.

"I hope Y/n wasn't a handful to you all the way here?" her voice was obviously teasing as she wiggled her brows at him.

"Not at all." Baekhyun casually responded, beaming at her gently.

I huffed in secret and rolled my eyes. If only she knows that it's the other way around, considering that Baekhyun was close to walking out of the plane with his face uncovered. According to him, he couldn't breathe with the mask on and can't see the way clearly if he was to wear the cap. I had to pretend ignoring him just to convince him into wearing his disguise and it took a lot of time and effort for him to realize that.

"At least I know my daughter is in good hands." she gives me a knowing look.

"Mom!" I whined. She lightly taps Baekhyun on his shoulder as they both laugh at my betrayed face. He's more relaxed around my mom compared to my dad, who obviously didn't like him a bit.