Thirty One Part One

Timothy launched out of the swing to run down the steps, past Pete, to go play with Jonah in the yard.

Rebecca watched as Tim found two appropriate sticks, giving Jonah one, the adults then enjoyed watching a mock sword fight between the lads. From the start Timothy let Jonah have the upper hand. Pete and Rebecca chuckled, as Timothy put a hand to his heart and fell upon the ground, "Oh, you got me, Jonah, I am to Davey Jones locker, thanks to you."

"Get up, Timmy, do it again!" Jonah pleaded to his brother.

Timothy rose, and laughingly dusted off his breeches, picking up his 'sword' once again. Timothy called out, "En guard!" And the battle resumed.

"I have never sliced anyone's gullet, Rebecca." Pete chuckled, as he looked askance at her. "I have never killed anyone. It is all about being convincing enough to not have to."

Rebecca was relieved at his words, though she already knew Pete was a very good man. He had brought her nephews to her, had he not? "I can see how you would be very convincing, Pete." Rebecca smirked slightly as she looked him up and down, no small amount of amusement sparkled in her eyes.

"Aw, now do not be trying to turn me head wit' yer pretty words, Miss Rebecca." Pete feigned embarrassment at her assessment of him.

"They are not pretty words, Pete the pirate, I am deadly serious." Rebecca looked at him in a no nonsense manner, feigning just how frightening she thought he could be, "I can see where you would be most intimidating, your sword in hand, that lecherous grin upon your face."

She pointed at his face, as he continued to grin at her.

His eyes were filled with a warmth that made her think he wanted to pillage her at the moment, she blushed and smirked at him, as she continued, "You would have me quivering in fear, if I did not know you personally."

Pete thought he would like to have her quivering from some other emotion, but he dared not voice those thoughts to this innocent woman.

"I will tell you of all my adventures, if I could take you to have supper with me tonight." Pete tried to wrangle a date with the buxom, Nordic beauty.

Pete had worn his nicest shirt this day, he felt confident he would not embarrass the fine woman if she were to come out with him. "We could leave the boys here at the house with Paulie, or take them back to the ship."

Rebecca smiled, while watching the boys play upon the lawn, "Why would we do that, Pete, when we have a perfectly good cook here?"

Rebecca looked at Pete, her smile widening, "Have you not appreciated cook's meals?"

Rebecca teased him, as she knew he ate with appreciation and gusto. Pete had previously complimented her cook several times over.

Pete and Paulie had been spending almost all of their waking hours since first locating her, here at her home, with her and the boys.

"I would like to have an evenin' alone with ye, wench." Pete's face beseeched her, "Could ye at least try to respond a wee bit more eagerly?"

Rebecca laughed aloud at his antics, she had never been called a wench before, she found it highly amusing, "I suppose we could, if your heart is set on it, Pete." She continued chuckling, as she returned her gaze to her nephews.

The swing seat popped up under Rebecca a bit, as Pete came and sat down beside her, "Where shall we go?" He inquired.

"You are the one doing the asking....... did you not have a place in mind?" Rebecca was not going to make this simple for him.