Thirty Two Part Two

"Have ye ever seen a brand new puppy, Jonah?" Paulie was trying to keep the young boy happy and occupied, while the majority of their group waited inside the coach sitting in front of the Kent residence.

Elizabeth stood outside on the stoop, leaning back against the stones that fronted the building. One foot kicked up behind her on the wall, she reposed there lazily, whistling to entertain herself. She stood by at the ready just in case Brutus needed her.

"I do not tink so, Paw Paw. "Me 'n Timmy had a dog before. She was a big dog, not a widdle one." Jonah told him.

Pete had come along with their group. They had already swung by Rebecca's first, as she accompanied them on the ride out.

"What was your dog's name, Jonah?" Rebecca asked her nephew, as he sat up on Pete's lap next to her.

"Her name was Wucy." Jonah nodded in remembrance.

"Woosey?" Pete repeated what the babe had said.

"Lucy," Paulie informed them, "From what he has told me, she was a great, hairy thing."

"And she wuved me, and I wuved her!" Jonah said matter of factly.

Pete chuckled, as Rebecca thought she must get a dog for these boys. Probably not a huge, hairy one, though.

Rebecca and Pete exchanged a smile, as if he could read her thoughts, "Think long and hard on that one, Becca," Pete admonished her. "They require quite a bit of care and ye may have your hands full with just the boys."

Rebecca thought it may be good for the boys to have something to care for, "If Marcus has brand new puppies, I may have time to consider it wisely before they are ready to leave their Mama." Rebecca smoothed Jonah's curls, returning the boy's soulful look.

"A sound idea," Pete agreed, "A dog is good to teach a boy responsibility, and for companionship, if'n it be a good one."

All agreed, as Katy peeked out the window to see if there were any activities to be discerned yet.

Elizabeth had explained Brutus' desire to stop and appeal to Margaret. Katy could not wait to see what kind of girl had turned his head.

She had watched Brutus and Violet manage to stay unattached for so long, the kind of girl that would be of Brutus' choosing interested her greatly.

Brutus had been admitted entrance into the residence.

Bentley remembered the man who had visited just a few days before, previously accompanied by the Lady Eleanor.

Brutus stood in the foyer, hat in hand, waiting to see if Margaret would appear and talk to him.

"The miss will be along momentarily." Bentley informed Brutus, as he came back from the kitchen.

"Thank you, Sir." Brutus held his tricorn by the brim, spinning it round by sliding his fingers, catching up with the other hand, then sliding again, as he wiled the moments away.

Bentley went back the way he had come, and after a few moments Brutus heard light footsteps.

As soon as Margaret appeared, the hat stopped it's rotation, and Brutus smiled charmingly at the young maid.

She was just as pretty as he remembered her to be.

The light grey dress she wore, with it's hidden blue tones, appeared silver against her golden skin. Her clear, blue eyes shone forth brightly, framed by her silky, jet black hair.

"Brutus," She dipped her head slightly, her almond shaped eyes showing a little embarrassment at receiving a visitor. "I am surprised to see you here."