Thirty Part One

Betsy took the hand Will offered, her eyes aglow with mischief as he lead her into the dance. As his arms came around her, Betsy realized it was much different dancing with Will now than when she had been a young girl at her lessons. Being that she was also a well loved wife, Betsy now knew what Will had been up to with all his courtesans. She looked up into his eyes as Will pulled her in close to him.

"Mind yourself, my Lord, I am a married woman now." Betsy told him smugly as she put a bit of distance between their bodies.

Will leered at her and she was reminded just how devilishly handsome he was. Of course, he did not hold a candle to her Violet, yet, he could be said to come in a close second.

"I have heard that bit of news," Will replied. "I heard you married a pirate, a Violet Leaves, if I am not mistaken." Will knew he had fudged Violet's name, but not having met the man he could only imagine what he be like with a name such as Petals.

"'Tis Violet Petals, and you may call me Mistress Petals, you knave!" Betsy flippantly gave Will what for.

"I have no issues with married women..." Will suggestively leaned over and kissed Betsy's shoulder, seeing just how far he could tease her before she resorted to her old trick of swatting at him.

"I shall leave you standing here alone, if you insist on continuing in this manner." Betsy stated matter of factly, as she scrunched her shoulder up to deny him further access to her.

Will backed off and laughed lightly, "Well, I do not have a problem with married woman, usually." Will's eyes shone down into Betsy's with humor.

"I know, I have heard, it does not seem to matter who the woman is, I have heard you do not discriminate very much a tall." Betsy replied with her nose in the air.

"Oh, that hurts, Bitsy, I am definitely most discriminating about who I take to my bed." Will leered at her again. Betsy began to pull out of his arms when he pulled her back, laughing aloud at her outrage.

"You will behave?" Betsy asked tentatively.

"I shall, I promise." Will continued to turn her about the room as the King looked on with pleasure. Now here was a man who could give the pirate a bit of competition...

"So you have seen your mother?" Betsy asked Will, smiling brightly, imagining his joy at their reunion.

"I have, and my God, what a shock that was!" Will's heart shown upon his face as he spoke of the duchess, "It was beyond anything I had ever imagined, to have mother and father together once more..." Will's eyes became moist as he smiled winsomely, hoping he could keep his emotions in check. But this girl in his arms knew as well as his own family did what Kathleen's return meant to them.

"I am so glad for you, Will." Betsy placed a hand in his cheek and Will leaned into her palm accepting the brotherly love she held for him. He, in turn, also loved her, as a younger sister, but he found her a lot more fun, as he could tease Betsy in a totally different way than if she had been his sibling.

"And my lady?" Betsy asked. "Did you see Arianna?" Betsy wished she could see her lady, she missed her so.

"Yes, she and Trent seemed perfectly happy the last I saw of them." Will confirmed.

"Good." Betsy murmured, distracted by the King craning his neck to watch them.

"About your husband..." Will started.