Preview

(How he got bitten) 

It was the end of the second year. Y/N had heard many rumors going around of how Tom Riddle himself had tricked Harry Potter. Harry defeated not only the Basilisk, which was the monster in the Chamber of Secrets, but defeated Tom Riddle as well. Y/n wasn't gonna lie, that kid had guts. 

He wondered if it was luck or if Harry did know what he was doing. Impossible? He was a little kid. But a kid could have just as much potential as an adult, if people saw. He heard the rumors going around about Harry and about his Parseltongue speaking. He couldn't handle laughing a bit at some of them, but he left the kids alone to do their immature talking. 

Y/N stopped his thoughts when he heard speaking downstairs. He slowly opened his door and walked to his parents' room, leaning on the door to listen. 

"How do we even know it's safe at Hogwarts? You heard what happened this year," Melissa L/N, or Mrs. L/N, said. 

"Yes, but, we can't just take him away from the world of magic. He loves it there, and he made friends. He's normally alone at the normal schools," Ian L/N explained. 

"I know. I'm just worried," Mrs. L/N told him. She took a deep breath before starting another subject. "When will we tell him?"

"About?"

"His father, Ian," Melissa said. 

Y/N's heart dropped. Father? He was right there in front of her! He pressed his ear closer to the door since they had begun to talk quieter. 

"I don't know, Melissa. How would our son feel if he found out his father was a murderer of many?" Mr. L/N asked. "He's too young to know now."

"When will he be old enough?" Mrs. L/N questioned. "Because he deserves the truth."

"Maybe in a few years. Just, not right now. Especially after all that's happened this year," Mr. L/N responded. "He's just a kid. He doesn't need to know yet."

"Okay....just as long as we tell him."

Y/N breathed heavily and pushed himself away from the door, backing into a wall. Ian wasn't his father? Then who the hell was? He felt anger surge through him, and without thinking, he grabbed the door knob and swung the door open. His parents' heads shot to the door with surprise. 

"You're not my father?" Y/N asked, in a harsher tone than intended. 

"Son-" Mr. Y/N was cut off. 

"No, you don't get to call me that right now!" Y/N exclaimed. "Who's my real dad?"

"It's not the right time to tell you," Mrs. L/N said. 

"Not the right time? So you're actually telling me in a few years? I already know now, so why not telling me his name?"

"You're too young."

"To know my own father's name? That's ridiculous."

"It's true. You can't know now," Mr. L/N said. "When you're older, you'll know."

"You know, adults really like using that excuse," Y/N hissed. "When you're older, when you're older. It's the same thing over and over again. Why don't you guys understand that we need to know now so that the question doesn't torture us? Bloody hell, some of us won't even be able to get older. You guys are ridiculous."

He quickly turned around and rushed outside, not even thinking about it. Y/N heard calls from his parents but ignored them as he rushed into the dark night. He's always had anger issues. But he never went this far. He didn't know exactly where he was going. Before he knew it, he was surrounded by trees, no sign of humans around him.