Buckbeak's Execution

Y/N laid in his bed, not being able to sleep. Was it weird of him to say that he actually cared about Buckbeak? And he's supposed to hate it. He also weirdly liked talking to Hermione. 

Y/N sighed in frustration and sat up, looking around the room at the boys who were easily able to sleep. He looked over at Draco and scowled. 

It is kind of his fault, he thought. 

Y/N got out of bed, putting on his shoes and walking out. It was dumb to go out then and there, but he often did. And he didn't need any light because he could just use his other eyes, so he didn't wake up. He would've gotten in a lot trouble by teachers if they knew how often he went out. 

As Y/N walked through the hallway, he heard footsteps and complaints from the paintings on the wall. He made his eyes glow in the dark and saw Harry there, thankfully turned around and not facing him.

 He made his eyes glow in the dark and saw Harry there, thankfully turned around and not facing him

Y/N's eyes stopped glowing. 

"Harry?" he whispered. Harry jumped up and flashed his wand light at Y/N, making Y/N squint his eyes and hold up his arm. 

"Jesus, Y/N," Harry said, lowering his wand and placing a hand on his loud-beating heart. "I saw you coming towards me on the map but I didn't see you so I figured the map was lying."

"Well here I am," Y/N confirmed. "What're you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Harry told him. 

"You'd be surprised how much I've gone out at night, Harry," Y/N spoke. "Now, what're you doing here?"

"I saw something on the map, someone," Harry said, looking at the map again. "He's supposed to be dead."

"Who?" Y/N asked. 

"Peter Pettigrew," Harry answered. Y/N tilted his head. Obviously he wasn't surprised that Pettigrew was alive, obviously, but he was curious to see what Pettigrew was doing out. So, Scabbers wasn't dead, so Ron was pissed off so no reason, and the sad excuse of a pet is still alive.

"Come see," Harry offered, Y/N moving over to see the map. It really was Peter, wandering around....around....extremely...close. 

Harry pointed his wand up, seeing nothing. But Pettigrew kept getting closer and closer. They both looked around, trying to find him. Y/N even looked for him on the ground, since he was a bloody rat, but he couldn't find it. Soon, Pettigrew had walked past them on the other end of the hallway. Y/N looked back at the map. He smacked Harry's shoulder to get his attention.

"Uh uh uh," he stuttered, pointing at the name tag, which read "Severus Snape." 

"Crap," Harry mumbled. 

"Mischief managed," Y/N said, tapping the map with his wand. The map's writing slowly faded away. 

"Nox," Harry spelled, the light on his wand going away. But it was too late. Another light appeared, revealing Professor Snape.