The Three Unforgivable Curses

Y/N clutched his books to his chest, seeing everyone stare at him as he walked down the hallway. 

They know...they all know...

If he looked at any of them, they would quickly change their gaze, as if he would attack them if he saw them looking. 

"Just keep looking forward," Leroy said, turning his head away from the other crowds. 

"I bet they know we're something too," Tyler mentioned. "Just try not looking at them."

Y/N looked back down and sighed, feeling completely helpless against other people's thoughts. He despised Nolan and anyone who hung out with him. Everywhere he looked, there were judgmental gazes looking back at him. Like he was trapped. 

"Come on, it's not so bad," Leroy tried. "Just act like nothing happened..."

"Like nothing happened?" Y/N asked, looking at him with a frown. "Everyone knows."

"You just healed. You can just use the excuse of magic," Tyler mentioned. 

"What happens if they just go after me?" Y/N asked.

"That's...the hard part," Leroy told him. "You can't do anything."

"What do you mean?" Y/N questioned, stopping in his tracks. "You can't expect me to not fight back."

"Y/N the whole point of this is to prove that you're not the monster they think you are. If you convince them that you're harmless, they'll move on," Leroy said. 

"Well I'm not harmless!" Y/N shouted, getting the attention of some people around them. "That's the problem! Me!"

He looked around the room and saw people looking at him again. Y/N clenched his jaw and speed-walked away as Leroy and Tyler tried to keep up with him. Once he had turned a corner, Leroy and Tyler lost sight of him. 

"Well shit," Tyler muttered, him and Leroy beginning to look around. 

*

Y/N closed the door to a random closet he found. He ran a hand through his hair and slid down the door, frustrated. He could still hear the voices from the kids outside the door that saw him rush in. 

"What a weirdo."

"What is he even doing here?"

"Shouldn't he be away from the school by now?"

"Is Dumbledore going to do anything about him?"

"We can't have someone like him at the school."

"He's literally a monster. Dumbledore for sure won't allow him here."

"We can't have something like him with us."

Y/N covered his ears and clenched his eyes shut, wishing for it to all go away. Class was coming shortly, but he didn't want to go. 

No, you selfish git. Tyler and Leroy are going through the same thing. Don't act like you're the only one, he thought, forcing himself to his feet. Selfish to just run off like that. 

Y/N exited the closet, finding no one was near then. He quickly headed off for class. 

*

Y/N walked into the classroom, stares immediately filling his sight. He looked down at the floor and took a seat. He looked at the girl next to him, trying to see if she would stay. Of course, she didn't. The girl quickly grabbed her books and headed to another seat, an ache filling Y/N's chest.