The Second Task

Harry and Y/N had been talking about the Second Task on the Wooden Bridge. Then, Hermione spotted them and had the same questions. And now, they were both getting scolded by her. Again. 

"You two told me you'd figure the eggs out weeks ago!" Hermione shouted in a rough voice. "The task is two days from now!"

"Really? We had no idea," Harry sassed, looking forward. 

"Suppose Viktor already figured it out, no?" Y/N asked, still a bit weirded out about an 18 year old going with Hermione but he was pretty much over it by now. 

"Wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament," Hermione said, turning her head to look at him. Y/N looked away, a bit upset at the way she acted yesterday. And she was treating him differently. Like they had barely met. "Actually we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being."

Aaaaand that made Y/N even more weirded out. He furrowed his eyebrows confusedly while Harry slowly grew a smirk, both of them getting the wrong meaning. Hermione realized how it sounded and let out a nervous laugh. 

"I just mean he's not particularly loquacious," she said, starting to blush as Harry making a sarcastic humming noise. "Mostly, he watches me study. It's a bit annoying, actually."

"Bit creepy, actually," Y/N muttered, though Hermione heard and sent a little glare at him. 

"You are trying to figure this egg out out, aren't you?" she asked. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Y/N questioned, sitting up straighter. Harry had the same questioning look on his face. 

"It's just means that these tasks are designed to test you. In the most brutal ways, they're almost cruel," Hermione answered, looking up to meet his eyes. She, and not only her, started to feel more intimidated by Y/N. It wasn't anything like last year, but something about him just felt more...dominant. It made her want to tell him another thing she didn't exactly plan to say. "And um...I'm scared for you." She quickly looked at Harry. "Both of you. You guys got by the dragons mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Hey Potter! L/N!" a voice called out from behind them, which they both recognized as Cedric's. 

Harry was in no mood to talk to anyone, so he just greeted Cedric and started to walk away. Y/N looked at Hermione one more time before walking off, hearing her sigh momentarily. Y/N reached for Harry and made him stop, and Harry had no choice but to listen. 

"How are you two?" Cedric asked. They both looked at him confusedly. 

"Spectacular," they said at the same time. 

(Okay but like they're kinda like James and Sirius. Son of James, son of Sirius. I'll go bye bye now) 

 Cedric recognized the sarcasm in their voices and looked down, taking a deep breath. 

"I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons," he said. Y/N had forgotten all about that, since at the time he was too busy panicking over whether Gabe and Nolan were going to kick his ass or not. 

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for either of us," Harry told him, starting to walk off again. 

"Exactly," Cedric noted, making him stop again. Cedric smirked. "You know the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor?"

"Yeah," Y/N replied, Harry nodding with him. Cedric looked around before leaning into them to tell them something. 

"It's not a bad place for a bath," he said, then began to walk away. "Just, take your eggs and...mull things over in the hot water."