The Selection of Champions

(put that gif for fun lol)

Everyone sat at their house tables, the Triwizard Champions about to be chosen. Y/N hadn't spent time with the Golden Trio at all, only with his own friends. He spotted Hermione looking at him a few times, almost expecting him to come back. Which, of course he wanted to. But he felt that distancing might be best. Dumbledore arrived to announce the champions, the Goblet of Fire in the middle of the room. 

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for!" Dumbledore called out. "The champion selection!"

He turned around with his hand out, making the six burning fires grow smaller in size, darkening the room more. He then walked towards the Goblet of Fire, placing his hands on it before stepping back. Then, the blue fire turned red, a piece of paper flying out top. The fire returned to its normal color as Dumbledore caught the piece of paper. 

"The Durmstrang champion is....Viktor Krum!" 

Everyone looked over at Krum as his friends cheered for him. Krum stood up and walked towards Dumbledore, shaking his hand before walking away. The fire turned red again as another piece of paper flew out. Dumbledore grabbed it out of the air. 

"The champion of Beauxbatons....Fleur Delacour!"

Fleur stood up, smiling as her table cheered and clapped. She walked over to Dumbledore and shook his hand. Y/N looked over at Hayden and the two gave each other a look before continuing to clap. Another piece of paper came out of the fire, and Dumbledore caught it, unfolding it. 

"The Hogwarts champion....Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone cheered loudly for the Hogwarts champion as Cedric shook Dumbledore's hand with a bright smile on his face. He too walked away. Y/N slightly winced when Seamus whistled, but got over it. 

"Excellent!" Dumbledore yelled, his arms spread out. "We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only ONE, will hoist this chalice of champions this vessel of victory. The Triwizard Cup!"

Everyone looked over at the cup, staring in awe. 

"That's shiny," Tyler muttered

"And awesome," Leroy added. 

Y/N heard the fire again, frowning and slowly turned his head around. The Goblet of Fire...was acting weird. Its blue flames traveled around recklessly as it made "whooshing" noises.

"Guys," he muttered to his friends, making them turn around with him. 

 The goblet turned into a bright red color, making everyone shield their eyes. Y/N blinked multiple times before looking back at it. The fire grew impossibly brighter, before 2 pieces of paper shot into the air. Dumbledore caught the two pieces of paper. 

"Harry Potter....Y/N L/N...." he mumbled, before saying it louder while looking around the room. "Harry Potter? Y/N L/N?"

Y/N heard it and frowned, immediately coiling in his seat. He tried to hide in the crowd around him, looking to see Harry doing the same thing.