End of Third Year

Y/N and Harry went to go visit Professor Lupin to see how he was doing. They walked into his room and were about to knock on the door as a signal but he greeted them without turning around. 

"Hello Harry, Y/N," he greeted. 

The two of them took in his appearance. Scratches covered his face along with his tired and red eyes. His hair was messy and looked like it hadn't been washed. 

"I've looked worse, guys," he said, noticing their analyzation of him. They looked around and saw him packing up his things. 

"You've been sacked," Harry guessed. 

"No, no, I resigned," Lupin corrected, tearing a paper. 

"Resigned? Why?" Y/N asked. 

"Well it seems that somebody, let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow the owls will start to arriving, and parents will not want their children to be taught by...someone like me," Professor Lupin replied. 

"They might as well not want me as a student here either," Y/N muttered. 

"That is correct, sadly, Y/N," Lupin said, hearing his mutter. "The next few years, you're going to struggle and stress about the people who don't understand or want our kind. They don't like people like us and, you have to keep yourself under control when they talk bad about you. It's something we're going to have to deal with at some time."

Y/N nodded and looked down, thinking about just how difficult it would be. 

"But Dumbledore-" Harry was cut off. 

"Dumbledore has already risked enough on my behalf," Lupin stated. "Besides, people like...me, us, we begin to grow used to it."

He did a quick spell that quickly cleaned up all of his things. Harry looked down and Y/N could tell he was frustrated and disappointed. 

"Why do you look so miserable, Harry?" Professor Lupin asked. 

"None of it made any difference," Harry replied. "Pettigrew escaped."

Lupin looked at Harry like he was mental.

"Didn't make any difference? Harry it made all the difference in the world!" he said. "You and Y/N helped uncover the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate, and that man happens to be your godfather Harry, and your real father, Y/N. It made a great deal of difference."

"He has a point, Harry. I would've lost my real dad," Y/N agreed, looking at Harry. Harry smiled and nodded. 

"If I am proud of anything," Lupin started, carrying his bag. "It is of how much you two learned this year. Now, since I am no longer your teacher, I feel no guilt whatsoever when I give you two this back."

He pointed at the desk and Harry and Y/N realized it was the Marauders Map. They sent a smile at Lupin. 

"So now I'll say goodbye," Lupin said. Y/N and Harry nodded, though they were both sad. "I feel sure we will meet again, sometime. Mischief managed."

The map closed and its writing faded away. Lupin walked away, the two boys watching him do so.

"Damn, he was the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher so far," Y/N said. 

*

"Harry! Y/N! Where did you two get it?!" Neville asked, suddenly coming up to them. 

"Can I have a go?" Seamus questioned. "After you, of course."

"It's awesome, Y/N!" Leroy exclaimed. 

"Dibs after you?" Tyler asked. 

"Okay, what the bloody hell are you guys on about?" Y/N questioned.