The Hippogriff and The Werewolf

Y/N and his two other werewolf friends were heading over to Hagrid's first lesson when Y/N heard the voices of the Golden Trio. He looked over and started to listen in on the conversation with his supernatural hearing. He's nosy now after what happened in Divination. 

(Unlike Volde- no? No.) 

"You don't think that Grim thing has anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron asked as the three walked down the stone steps. 

"Oh honestly Ron, if you ask me Divination is a very willy discipline," Hermione stated. "Now, ancient ruins, that's a fascinating subject."

"Ancient ruins? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Ron questioned. 

"I'd say a few," Hermione answered. Ron stopped walking for a moment. Harry, as usual, stayed quiet during him and Hermione's constant arguments.

"Hang on, that's not possible. Ancient ruins is in the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once," Ron said. 

"Don't be silly, Ronald. How can anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione asked, speeding in front of Harry and Ron as she mocked Professor Trelawney. 

Maybe that has something to do with the necklace she was wearing earlier, Y/N thought.

"Hey Y/N, whenever you're done ogling Granger we should get going," Tyler said, Leroy next to him with raised eyebrows at Y/N. 

"I wasn't ogling her," Y/N mumbled, taking his eyes off the trio. 

"Oh come on, she's gotten under your skin, eh?" Leory asked. 

"I barely know her," Y/N said. 

"Not an excuse," Tyler teased. "You like her a little at least?"

"No," Y/N mumbled. 

"Not even-"

"I said no Tyler!" Y/N suddenly yelled, anger randomly coming out of nowhere. 

"Woah hey, calm down," Leroy said, telling Tyler to drop it afterwards. "You do know how to control it, right?"

"I'm fine as long as I drink the Wolfsbane potion," Y/N told him. 

"What happens if it runs out or you don't take it in time?"

Y/N stayed silent. 

"You can't depend on a potion to stop your shifts, Y/N," Leroy said. "You have to learn to control it, too."

"How do I learn to control it when I'm not even myself when I shift?" Y/N asked. 

"You're still yourself. Don't read those werewolf books because they don't have all the information," Tyler noted. "They say you can't control it and you have no choice unless you take the potion, that's wrong. If you learn control, you can shift back and forth with ease."

"How do I learn control?" Y/N questioned. 

"It takes time, but there's a mantra that works most of the time," Leroy said. 

"What's that?"

"The three things that can't be hidden. The Sun, the Moon, the Truth," Leroy answered. "And yes, since you're a smartass, each of these can be temporarily hidden, maybe by clouds and lies. But no matter what, they're still there, and they won't leave. Werewolves used this mantra for focus and control. It's like a chant. 

"So if I repeat this, I'll be in control?" Y/N asked. 

"It's more complicated than that. If you can focus more on the phrase and less of what was getting you angry before, yes. However, if you rush the chant and don't actually focus, it won't work. It's all about focus and breath control," Leroy explained, looking at the gathering crowd with Hagrid. "We have to go to class, but seriously, say it slow, and try slowing your heartbeat down. Don't clench your fists, don't grit your teeth, just try to clear your mind and relax your body."