The Library

Y/N rushed out of that classroom immediately, not standing to be in any of the Golden Trio's company. The moment he felt Hermione's stare again, he knew he had to get the hell out of there. Y/N could hear Draco trailing behind him, trying to keep up with the werewolf's fast movements. 

"Where are we going?" Draco asked, jogging next to Y/N. 

Y/N felt a sharp "we?!" in his throat, but he forced it down, remembering that this was mostly Draco's mission. 

"Room of Requirement," he answered. Draco didn't ask any more questions, much to his delight. Once they steered clear of other students, Y/N stopped in front of a wall where he needed the Room of Requirement to open. He took a deep breath, willing for it to appear. As soon as he opened his eyes, there was a door waiting to be opened. Y/N reached for the handle and pulled it open, letting Draco walk in first before taking one final look around, then entered, closing the door behind him. 

The room was full of random objects, but very useful ones. Not useful when it came to Draco and Y/N's mission, but would certainly be useful to others. Y/N analyzed the room until he spotted a tall object covered in a thin red and white sheet. He walked over to it and yanked the cover off, startling Draco. There it was. 

The Vanishing Cabinet. 

"The one at Borgin and Burkes...the one here...this should create the connection between Diagon Alley and Hogwarts," Draco said, a small excited tone to his voice. "We'd already complete half our mission."

"WE need to make the connection," Y/N reminded. "It doesn't automatically connect anymore. These are old."

"Right, right," Draco muttered. "We need a really good repairing charm."

"Suppose we need to do some digging in the library," Y/N said, groaning internally as he realized that's where Hermione spends most of her time. "Let's split the mission up. One of us focuses on either killing Dumbledore or fixing the Vanishing Cabinet."

"I...I think I already have some idea on how to kill him," Draco admitted, frowning as he looked at the ground. Y/N rose his eyebrows. "I anonymously bought a cursed necklace back at Borgin and Burke. It should immediately curse if not kill whoever touches it."

Yikes. 

"I guess I'll try finding out how to fix this thing," Y/N told him, facing the Vanishing Cabinet and opening it. He heard Draco take a few deep breaths. He slightly tilted his head in the blond-haired boy's direction. 

"Y/N," Draco said, his tone taking a more pleading approach. 

"What?" Y/N questioned. 

"My mum, my dad, me...we're all dead if I don't complete this mission," Draco replied. "I can't lose my family."

Y/N clenched his eyes shut, thinking about his father and mother. One's dead, and one's in danger for simply being a muggle. He was lucky that Voldemort didn't kill her anyways. 

"I know," was all that Y/N could bring himself to say. 

"What you told me...You-Know-Who was teaching you...what did he teach you?" Draco asked, suddenly changing the subject as if he was berating himself for being vulnerable. 

"How to detach myself...mentally," Y/N said, though now, he wasn't quite sure Voldemort's teachings had worked. 

"Did it work?" Draco questioned, curious. "What does it feel like?" 

Y/N paused. 

"Nothing," he replied. "It feels like nothing. Numb, in a sense."

At least I thought it did.