Goodbye

Woah! Its the 50th chapter already. If you read this far, trust me, I'm so grateful for you. Love you, and thank you.

"Pansy!" Blaise called, and I turned to see, Pansy and Theo enter. Their hands were empty, Snape didn't take them away, of course. 

"Oi, Did Snape make you eat your books?" Daph snickered.

"We were excused from our detention, so we went to the library," Theo shrugged.

"EXCUSED?!" I thought that only happened with Draco

"Woah!" Blaise whispered, and something felt off.

"Have you seen Draco?" asked Daph. 

"Is he not with you?" asked Theo.

"No, I haven't seen or heard from him, the entire day," I said.

"I saw him on the Astronomy tower, I mean blonde hair, black suit, assuming it's him," Pansy spoke, and I felt a dull blow in my chest. He couldn't...could he? I could hear my heart beat out loud. I wanted fresh air, to ease me. I left, leaving my acid pops behind. I saw a few students running past me, but I chose to ignore. A boy pushed past me, almost throwing me off, but not apologizing, I heard him whisper to his friend, that stir my stomach to fear. He fell off the tower. I followed them not wanting to. Who fell? And the answer was Dumbledore, in a pool of blood. Fear, and guilt squeezed up my heart. A gasp left my mouth as if it was a mystery. I hated him for being partial, but never wished his death. The only wizard Voldemort had ever feared and who was powerful and skilled enough to surpass him, besides Harry Potter, was now gone. We went too far. Hogwarts is not safe, and many don't know that yet. Draco is gone. Potter was leaning over Dumbledore, sobbing. I wanted to say how sorry I am, I felt responsible for his death, and for Potter's grief. The locket! In Harry Potter's hand. That was Regulus' locket. The horcrux! 

----

The Ministry of Magic,  is undertaking a survey of so-called "Muggle-borns," the better to understand how they came to possess magical secrets. Recent research undertaken by the Department of Mysteries,  reveals that can only be passed from person to person when Wizards  reproduce. Where no proven Wizarding ancestry exists, therefore, the so-called Muggle-born is likely to have obtained magical power by theft or force. The Ministry is determined to root out such usurpers of magical power, and to this end has issued an invitation to every so-called Muggle-born to present themselves for interview by the newly appointed Muggle-born Registration Commission. Daphne read out loud. 
"Stealing?! Magic cannot be stolen!" I gritted through my teeth.

"It is what The Ministry says. We are to abide by it." My father said, sternly.

"Wizarding world is filled with fools, then." I replied, dropping my fork.

"We did not raise you to be disobedient, young lady," my father raised his voice.

"You did not raise me to be brainless either, father. How can an 11 year old steal magic?" my voice was higher than I wanted it to be.

"You know how this is happening!" he yelled, his face fuming red.

"I can't loose my bestfriend, like you-" a lump in my throat which I couldn't swallow.

"She is a mud blood. You are attached to the wrong sort." He stormed out of the dining hall. I have never seen him this angry. I won't cry. I pushed Daphne's consoling arm away, and my mother made her way to me. 

"There's no day your father doesn't miss his bestfriend. He is striving to keep his promise, Astoria. It is very rude of you to talk to your father that way. I am disappointed. We are survivors." she left after my father.

"We are cowards, mother." I mumbled to myself.

"Ria- Dad didn't mean that-"

"We both know he did, Daph," I replied to my sister, and left for my room. Shutting the door, close, I grabbed my quill, to scribble up a letter.

My dearest Scarlet,

I can only beg you to hide away, stay safe. I am very sorry for everything you are going through. If I had a chance, I'd do it all again, and be a better friend. I feel responsible for your safety, Scar. I am sorry for not being a good friend. You may hate me for who I may become. This could be my last letter to you, Scar. If  the time isn't at our favor, Scar, always remember that I value you. You may hate me for who I may become. I am sorry, I am not there for you, when I must, like you were for me.  You are my best friend, Scarlet. Always kind, compassionate, and caring. Thank you for checking on us, on the train, thank you for offering me chocolates, thank you for making me aware of my feelings, thank you for being you. I know I don't deserve you, Scar. Hide away, please, promise me. Be safe, This would be my final wish, if I am to die today. Don't write back, please don't. 

-A.E.G

"Find her Pearl, please," I asked my owl, tying it to her leg. I opened the window for Pearl, and watched her fade into the distance. Poppy appeared with a crack, breaking my trance.

"Poppy heard Miss Ria skipped her breakfast, mam. Poppy brought Miss Ria, her favorite Pasties. Miss Ria must not starve."

"Thank you Poppy, I am not hungry," I dismissed her.

"Don't pack sweets for tomorrow, Poppy, I don't need them, anymore," I added, and she nodded.

A/N: I apologize for my inactivity. The chapter is short. I will try to update every week or two. No matter how hard your life may be right now, remember you'll make it through.