Destined

"Reg, Regulus Black," his voice was whisper. Like in Sirius Black?

"My bestfriend, your godfather," My who? I thought aunt Cass is my only godparent. Alisandre Flint is Daphne's godfather. I understood my father wanted me to read his mind. I was more than happy to do so...He was 13, dining with his friends. 'Black,' they sung, and the dark haired, handsome boy laughed. Slytherin was celebrating... Father was 16, and Sirius Black left his home. Walburga Black was devastated, she treated my father as Sirius, getting gifts for his birthday... Regulus grew bitter, and it soon turned into love for dark magic... He found Regulus performing dark magic, in the Slytherin common room at nights... He was 18 and Regulus turned 16. Regulus fascinated Voldemort's powers... He came home on his birthday, 'Look Ceph, it's real, I'll finally be accepted, mummy will be proud,' he beamed. The mark was red against his pale left arm...A stormy night, Daphne was a baby, and mum was pregnant. Regulus looked drenched. An unbreakable vow? We left to France. Everything seemed blurry.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Horcruxes. Lord Voldemort split his soul, I don't know into how many, but part of his soul lives in objects. He wanted to check the security he set up. Regulus was more than glad to offer his friend, Kreacher the black family elf, for Voldemort's bidding. He didn't exactly know what kind of help Voldemort seeked. Regulus and Kreacher followed him to the cave. Regulus watched helplessly, as the poor elf suffered. He made Kreacher drink all the poison, and the elf begged for mercy. Regulus was disturbed, as he watched lord Voldemort laugh mercilessly. His eyes opened to who he was following, and what his Master's drives were. Voldemort kicked Kreacher into the inferior, as he cried and tried to drink water. Nobody would want to lose the one they love. If Voldemort rose to power, he'd torchere every non pure blood or half blood to death. Sirius is no exception, being a blood traitor. Regulus had a clearer picture. He came home a rainy night, he was drenched, as if he cried in the rain for very long. He begged me to make an unbreakable vow. I couldn't deny.
He made me promise to go away to France, as your mother was pregnant.
To let you know that he loved you.
To never tell anyone about what he was about to do.
I knew he was about to do something stupid, something I'd regret not stopping him. Kreacher apparated that night, sobbing. His sobs were so uncontrollable, we could sense the worst. He went into the cave, and drunk the poison, he replaced the horcrux, he was pulled by inferi. Death met the hero at the very young age.' A tear trickled down my father's face. I and my mum were in sobs.

"So that's why we treat the house elves well?" I asked, to which my mother nodded.

"You let me be friends with Scarlet, because Regulus would want me to?"

"Yes."

"Here, look at these," my father passed me a few ragged letters.

"If lord Voldemort knew Regulus did that, he'd come after us. So he made me promise, and I have to keep it. But, he assumed I ran away, and might have killed Regulus. So, he decided to take away the reason we ran away with. You. He seeks revenge--"

"Im destined to die!" I completed my father's words, which struggled to come out.Like a pig for slaughter. They were both silent. Every question found its answer. A web had
formed enlightening me. He knew I loved Draco, and wanted to torcher us turning us against eachother. Regulus, my godfather, reminded me of Draco. A boy who seeked acceptance, who realized his mistakes at the end. Its never too late, and Draco is not going to die like Regulus.

"Thank you, father," I stated, and reached for the door, then mum called, "Astoria."

"Sorry." She sighed.

"You don't have to be, I understand," I said, not turning around. I opened the letters.

My dearest friend Ceph,
I miss you, I can't wait to meet you, princess, Asty, and Cressy. Cressy is Asty well? I can not wait to meet my godchild. I know I have a LITTLE trouble with Mcgonagall, but that lady loves my brother, why? I'll come soon to visit you."
R.A.B

___

Astoria, if you are reading this, I'm not there with you, this being the very last letter I write. I know you have beautiful eyes, hair, like Ceph, probably. Daph is already your mother's replica. What ever, I know you'll have a beautiful soul, the one that matters the most. I'm very sad I couldn't see you, hold you. Asty, What is life, if you have everything except the one you love? I love you little Asty, don't hate me, I never left without a reason. We make mistakes, bit it's never too late to be good. There's redemption even for the worst.

Regulus

I reread the letters, and now I have a stronger reason to betray the Dark lord. If I'm caught I'll be dead, but I'm to die anyway. Regulus didn't die in vain. A thought clicked my mind, and I decoded to listen to it.

A.N: I'm sorry to make you think I died😂. Anyway Merry Christmas, fam! God bless.