Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day :

I woke up to find Daphne already out of bed, just like Willow and Tracey. And I knew exactly why. Valentines day. Daphne looked remarkable, and I went to wash myself up, teasing her to be ready for the roses. As I went down to the usually calm common room, I found snogging couples and some letters flying in the air.

 I entered the great hall to find it decorated with pink and reds. There were floating letters, roses and perfumes all around, which tired me, early in the morning. I walked out of the great hall with Drew and Scarlet, after having my breakfast as quickly as possible.

"Don't be in such a grim mood, it's Valentine's day, Ria," patted my bestfriend.

"Exactly," I said exasperated.

"Look at the hall, look around, they need to get a room," I said to Scarlet, pointing at snogging couple.

"You are 14, get yourself a boyfriend, Ria," Drew put an arm around my shoulder. 

"Don't tell me you have a valentine," I turned to face him.

"Not yet, but I have someone on my mind," he winked.

"Really? Good luck with that," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Cheer up, Ria, I can already see, how many boys want to make you their Valentine, maybe give it a try," Scarlet nudged.

"I don't hate it, but okay I'll see," I told them.

"That's my girl," Drew said, making us laugh.

I received  a red heart shaped letter, which is certainly a Valentine's card, in the corridor.

"Read it," Scarlet suggested.

"Hey Beautiful, want to be my Valentine? That's it? No effort at all," I told her, and looked around to see who I received it from. A hufflepuff boy grinned waving at me.

"That's Raymond, from 4th year," she told, turning around. I found Draco, just in front of me, standing with Crabbe and Goyle, staring daggers at someone behind me, I smiled coolly as we walked past them. 

Later, in the day, I recieved several letters and roses which didn't amuse me as much. I and Drew sat under the tree, while Scarlet attended her Muggle studies class. 

"So, who's that girl?" I asked, referring to the one he spoke about in the morning.

"About that," he slightly turned red.

"Drew?!" I said in surprise.

"Umm... I think, er-like Scarlet," he admitted, and I stared at him gobsmacked.

"Wow," I laughed.

"You expected Daphne, didn't you?" he sneered.

"How are you going to ask her?" 

"I don't think she'll deny," he scratched the back of his neck.

"And all these days about Daphne?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I did have a crush on her, but I moved on, look at Zabini and her, inseparable, and the thing on the train, it was to see if Scarlet got jealous," he smirked.

"Brilliant," I laughed.

---

As boredom was consuming me, a paper bird came flying to me. I turned to my left to see, Issac Samuels, staring at me, resting his face on his hand.
I opened the paper to see, what looked like a poetry.

Dear Astoria,
Like expelliarmus you are disarming, Like confundus charm, mind blowing Like stupefy, you are stunning To your heart , I'll keep trying;
Till you let me Slyther in
-love Issac Samuels.

Drew leaned to take a clear look, and started laughing like a maniac, but quietly, earning professor Flitwick's attention.
"Ah, Ross, may I know the reason for your sudden outburst?" He asked raising his eyebrows.
"I'm sorry, professor," he said, and we continued with the class.
From the corner of my eye, I could see him wave, bending behind some Ravenclaw, but I ignored.
We walked out of the class, the paper still in my hands.
"Hey, sunshine!" called Samuels, from behind me, to which my eyebrows shot up.
"You didn't like my poetry? You'll soon grow to like me, I know," he grinned, with confidence.
"Good luck with that," I smirked, and pushed his parchment back into his hands.

"I have to go to the common room, you two keep studying here," I waved, and whispered, good luck to Drew.

To my relief, the common room was empty. As I opened my copy of ancient runes,  Draco was standing in front of me, looking straight at me.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"I want to show you something," he said.

"You can take time, if you want," he leaned against a bench.

"5 minutes," I said, and ran to my dorm, to freshen up. I looked at myself once again, and walked out with my sweater on.

Draco was waiting in the common room, near the stairs, and smiled, once he saw me, giving me butterflies.

I followed him, out of the castle, and reached a place from where we could see the towers of the castle shining with snow, as the dusk fell.

"It's beautiful," I turned to him.
He half smirked looking down at me.

"Let's sit here, until it becomes darker, and I can show you what I want to," he said, laying a carpet on the grass, with a flick of his wand. Blushing, I sat there, next to him.

"So, how was your Valentine's Day?" He asked, with a tone he uses to annoy me.

"Annoying," I told him.

"And yours?" I turned to him.

"It just started," he smirked.