Betrayal

Father,

He is thinking of poisoning Him. It may not be a great idea, as he is going to pass it through Slughorn, as a Christmas present. There is a possibility the idea may not work, Slughorn might keep it to himself, and be poisoned, but this is the only attempt he can make, as the cabinet is not yet fixed. The assassination wont be delayed. I think Snape suspects me. I hope we are in good graces of the Dark Lord.

Emmeline

I hated everything about this, but I do not have a choice, than honest reporting. He'll kill my family, Draco, and me. I still don't know who's watching me, he doesn't trust me, I'm sure, he'll know if im lying. Exhausted, I pulled out another parchment, to write to my mother. I can not hate my parents, they have no choice either.

Dear mum,
I am doing what I am asked to, and I hope you are all safe. Professor Slughorn has invited me to the christmas party. Daphne is going with Blaise, as he is in the club too. Don't tire yourself mummy, Aunt Cass has already sent us the dresses. Take care.
Ria

I sighed, once I scribbled all lies onto the parchment, I am not doing fine, I was cheating on Draco, spying on him, not keeping any secrets, I know they are not safe, and are under a death threat. The dresses didn't yet arrive, but they soon will. I was lying to everyone. I tied it, and sent it to the Manor. The common room was empty, people slumber longer in winters, don't they? While the deatheaters are struggling to sleep.

"Ria!" Oh! Crap, Drew! Why is he up so early?

"Drew," I forced a smile, as he sat across me.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked, to which he shrugged.

"What's wrong? Why are you not telling us what's wrong?" He asked, sternly, looking into my eyes. Well, duh! I'm an unbranded, underaged Deatheater. Why didn't I tell? You never asked, if I am one. Only if it were that easy.

"I'm fine, Drew. I'm hungry, I don't want to look like a troll marching into the kitchens for food, so I'm waiting for the right time," I scoffed. That was smooth, a little white lie, no harm done. He looked at me, with tilted head, but bought it, and dragged me to the great hall for breakfast.

---

I returned to the common room, in hope of finding Astoria. Hours of incantations drained all my life, but she was nowhere to be found. The common room was empty as usual, but something told me she has been here. Her quill, I walked to the table, and found her transfiguration homework. Her handwriting was beautiful. A parchment fell from between, as I tried to examine it. I felt my heart break into a million pieces. I swallowed fire, which ached my body, as my eyes resurfaced through the words. How could she do this? I heard a giggle, and turned around to see her. Astoria's face has turned as if she saw her own death, I wanted her to say it was not true. She gaped, terror written all over her face.

"What in the bloody world is this?" my voice croaked. Tears threatened to roll out, but I'd never shed a single tear for someone who stabbed me right in the chest.

"It's- It's not what you think it is," she tried.

"Your bloody name is on it, I am not stupid," I yelled, she blocked me as I tried to read through her mind.

"How could you?" I left. She was cheating on me the whole time. She was reporting to Voldemort about me. My life sucked, being unable to push her away, not being able to fight back. I ran to the empty lavatory. The door shut behind me, and I fist punched the mirror, and I didn't care my bleeding knuckles. I crouched down, and hit the cold floor. I felt all alone, again, and my heart sobbed.

"Hey," I heard a girl's airy voice. I lifted my head to see who it was, and it was a ghost, a Ravenclaw. I ignored her.

"You can tell me, I am just a ghost. I cry too, I am lonely, bullied, betrayed, I had nobody to talk to, everyone hated me," she said, trying to console me. It somehow worked.

"What is your name?" she asked.

"I'm Draco-" I told her, and for the first time in my life, I felt ashamed of being a Malfoy.

"I'm Myrtle Elizabeth Warren," she grinned. People called her the moaning Myrtle, but I think Elizabeth is a better name.

"You should not be afraid to cry, it is okay to cry," she spoke, and it was all I needed.

---

I went back to the common room, to ask Draco if he'd come to the party with me, but what I feared the most has come true. He found the letter, I thought I sent it out. There was no way I could lie, I blocked him as he tried to read my mind, and his eyes which were filled with love, now bear disgust, and hatred. He stormed out of the place, and I stood still, sobbing, helpless and hopeless. My puffy eyes burned, but it was nothing compared to the pain. I deserved all of it. He'll never trust me again, I stabbed him right in the heart, didn't I?

"Astoria?" I heard a man's voice. Snape.

"I'm sorry, Professor," I cleared my throat, and walked up to my dorm. I missed out all the classes, and laid in the bed, skipped meals.

"Ria?" I heard Daphne's voice. She hesitantly moved the draperies, and sat on the edge of my bed, shutting them back. I pretended like I was asleep, but damn my sister knows me.

"What's wrong Ria? I know you are just pretending to be asleep, I know you don't want to talk about it, you can always talk to your pillow, rather than soaking it, I wish I could help you. And, eat your food, please," she left a pack of doughnuts.