Blows in the Heart

"Percy, duck," I heard Fred Weasley shout to the man next to me, red hair, must be a Weasley. He ducked pulling me down, saving me from the bombarded wall. "Thanks," I said, and he nodded. "Ah-" Fred raised an eyebrow. "Astoria," I told to the boy on whom I had a crush, long ago. "Astoria, watch out, you would have lost your head," he joked. His presence was so pleasant even if we're in a war. "I like your pranks," I complimented, using Reducto on a snatcher. A long masked death eater with blonde beard approached us , I identified him, Rookwood. He knows I'm a spy, so is he, but, I have no time for all of this, "did you all have a costume party before the battle?" Fred laughed, and Rookwood blast off the wall next to Fred. I watched as Fred's smile fade from his lively eyes. Percy was distraught, refusing to leave Fred, an old man killed that bastard Rookwood. The lump in my throat was hard to swallow, Fred, is dead too. I turned around, to see a blonde boy Creevey on the other side of the corridor, he returned, Scarlet must have too. I just wanted to know she was fine. "Creevey!" I shouted, he couldn't hear. As I ran to him, a deatheater threw a curse at his back, but I shielded us, "bombarda," I blasted him. I was killing actual people, and my hands shook each time I did that.  "Astoria!" he was panting. "Colin," I was eager. "Scarlet, where is she? Did she come?" I asked, as he shielded us from another curse at us. His silence was scary. "Colin, Scarlet?" hoping she stayed back as it was too dangerous for her. "Astoria-" he shook his head. "She didn't? It's safer back there," I sighed. "No-" his eyes welled up. "What is it?" I asked, searching answers in his silence. "She's snatched, and executed," he said, holding my shoulders. "No, no," I whispered. I don't trust my ears. Why? How? The kindest heart, sweetest soul, how would Drew react? I saw everything around burning down. My bestfriend, she can't just leave me, I didn't feel like fighting anymore. I felt so lifeless to cry. I couldn't process anything, my heart felt so distant from me, Scarlet must be alive. Drew can't take it, I can't, Jason can't. "what about her parents?" I asked, not  noticing my tears until they fell on my arm. "They're safe, not fine," he said. My sleeve tore and I ripped it off my shoulder. A masked death eater  threw expelliarmus at Colin, and I shielded both of us, "Astoria!" my father, he removed his mask. "Dad," I shook my tears away. "What are you doing here?" he sounded furious. "I am supposed to be here," I told him. "You go back to the dungeons, or I am killing that boy," he threatened. "You won't," I replied, but he proved me wrong, I couldn't understand, I fell to the floor, and shook him, "Colin, Colin, please wake up," I cried, "no," I screamed. My father just killed my friend, I should have gone to the dungeons. "It's a war, and you chose your side," he sounded remorseless. "Astoria!" I heard Draco's voice. I closely missed a killing curse, Ginny Weasley. How did she know on which side I was fighting. "Thank you," I told her. "Draco, where's your wand?" I checked his arms, "I lost it," he told. "What do you mean lost?" I yelled at him, he can't loose his wand in a battle. "It got burned," he said. "You can't fight," I told him. "I don't have a choice," he said. "Draco, you are armless," I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I'm-not-leaving you," he hugged me, and I kissed him like it's the last time. Time was escaping us, I put my wand in Draco's hand, and I found Blaise and Daphne. "Pansy couldn't keep her dumb mouth shut, Pucey, and Flint are here too, we split up," Daph spoke. Daph is safe. I turned around to see our mom, "Mum?" Daphne scrunched her nose. Before she spoke anything, a flash of green light from her wand hit my chest. I couldn't move my myself, ugh- a body binding curse. "Keep her out of this, Draco," she said. Draco carried me, but it is not fair, she can't just do that, I couldn't yell or scream, my lips don't move. Do they expect me to stay alive, and watch everyone I love die? I felt caged, Draco fought with my wand. I looked dead, I hated feeling like a coward. After a while, I could hear my own sobs, the spell broke, I ran to find Daphne crouching next to a body, screaming, my heart sank. I took steps, my heart booming in my ears. "Mom!" I fell on my knees. "Mom, I need you, mom, please wake up," my heart shattered into a million pieces. I didn't get say my last goodbye, my last hug. Her unforgettable beautiful smile. I was shaking when Blaise hugged me, and Daphne, I am stronger than her, our souls crushed, we didn't notice dad until Blaise stood up for him. We felt so alone, lost, uncertain. She can't just leave us. My life fell apart. Cressida Greengrass, my mom. Why me? dad was heartbroken to his grave, as I cried into his arms. He mourned with us. Daphne held me as I cried harder until I was pale. The war is over, Voldemort is gone, the war is over. I tried to see on the bright side, the way sun rose, facing it with Blaise, Dad, and Daphne. Blaise squeezed her palm harder. It's time to start something new, as I can't start the old.