Chapter 43- Fixed

"What is this place?" I grit in pain as she held me up, we were looking at the back of a house and it's dull, dead back garden. The lot was fenced with a short gate and Barb wire on the top.

"It's my home" Jane muttered as her grip stayed firm, she walked me forward with her. "It's just a small fence you can climb it"

"With a knife in my back?" I grunt in pain. Jane sighed in annoyance and used force knock some of it down.

"It will probably be my last night here anyway, no one will care about a fence" she mentioned moving me forward. Once we entered her home I saw some broken furniture, no light, dirty walls and even a rat scurrying in the corner.

"They've been trying to renovate the place for a while now" she broke the silence sensing my judgement. "It's weird. The construction workers always seem to disappear..."
I didn't need to see her face to know the smug grin she held.

We stood in the dining room, looking at the burnt marks on the dusty table, old stained bloody chairs. Jane let's go of me and I fall to my knees with a grunt.

"You guys seemed like a real family" she mentioned as she took in the sight of her home "playing, laughing...you take peoples lives and you crush them...but you can still play together in the snow as if nothing ever happens"

I could hear a small hint of pain in her voice.
"I wish I could do that" she mentioned looking down at me "...with my family"

"Jane..." I knew I couldn't say anything to actually help.

"Mine were killed...dead in this exact room...in those exact chairs..."

"What happened?" I muttered weakly as my hand reached behind me and near the knife gently hoping to soothe the pain of the wound.

"I was taunted...tricked...i had a hopeless crush...I did nothing wrong...I only tried to help...but I saw disgusting smiles carved into their faces"

"I-"

"The whole place went ablaze with us all inside... can you guess who yet?"

"You were one of Jeffs victims?" I ask her

"No! I'm not a victim until I'm dead!" She spat as she held me up again.

"Look can't you just work this out between you two?! Why am I the one with a knife in my back?!"

"They're too far gone" she gritted

She took me to a door as she opens it, she lets me go making your fall on my knees again. Behind the door I see a small set of stairs leading to the basement.
"Down you go" she placed her heel on my back and kicks me down the stairs.

I fell down the stairs and landed on my front letting out an agonising shriek in pain. I struggle to lift my head and I see Jane standing at the top.
"I'll be with you soon" she sung as she slammed the door shut, a loud bang erupted through the dark empty space, I grunt in pain as I flinch at the noise.

I knew there was no point in trying to move too much since the blade was still lodged in my back, if I make a mistake I could risk making it worse.
Jane was careful on where to stab, she wasn't planning on killing me or she would've done the job then and there.

I felt myself growing weaker and nauseous, as my muscles couldn't help but contract and throb in pain.

———

Hoodie PoV

"No no no!" Liu panicked "why?! Why is it always her?!" He searched around frantically looking for his friend. Hoodie stood and observed everyone spreading out and looking for Sally, his bare hand lightly traced across the trees he passed as he inspected the area carefully.

"Did anyone hide together during the game?!" He called out to the others who were a distance away. He heard a reply of 'no' from each one of them

"Do you have something?" Liu asked as he jogged up to hoodie and eventually the others pile in.

"This must've been where she was hiding" he saw the barely visible foot prints behind the tree, the current snowfall was starting to cover them as it only got heavier "she was taken..."

"How do you know?" Toby asked as they all looked at hoodie

"....theres another set of footprints...they came from the direction of the woods, not from the house"

"...Jane" Jeff gritted.

Reader PoV

"Wakey wakey!" A voice called out as the door swung open and revealed the light down the stairs and separated me from the dark.

I open my eyes looking up to see Jane "they're almost here!" She spoke excitedly "So I just want to prep you" she told me as she sat on a step crossing her legs.

"What?" I mutter weakly, my voice was the sound of gravel.

"Just know that there are no hard feelings" she placed her hand on her chest. "My revenge is actually against Jeff only. If the others want to stick their neck out for him they'll get killed too. Just like you"

"Me?" My eyes widened.

"I said no hard feelings" she repeated with a tut "I admit I won't like killing Liu...he's one of the good ones"

"Then leave him and the rest of us out of it!" I snap accidentally causing pain to my wound. "You talk about wanting revenge but all you do is run when they get close! The reason you've never even faced Jeff is because you know he'd kill you before you could blink!"

"...you asked why I chose you?" She stood up as her tone fell blank. "One on one I can do whatever the hell i please with them. But they're always together, of course they'd kill me im only one person! But I have something they don't. A fucking brain. If I can't kill them then I'll kill the one thing that they've started to care about. It'll rip away any last bit of humanity they had, they'll stay as monsters and suffer for the rest of their meaningless lives" She walked towards me.

"I thought you don't kill innocents" I grunt in pain as I try to lean more on my side.

"You're right i don't, but you're not so innocent anymore... are you?"

"What?" I ask with a glare as my movement halted.

"You've killed someone" The smirk under her mask could be heard perfectly "I must admit as someone who's dabbled into the hobby of murder it's quite impressive for your first time! I mean- a knife to the neck, that's hot" she almost seemed proud. "Just a shame it was an innocent"

"It's not our fault this happened!" I retaliated.

"it's not mine either!" she fought back "if it wasn't for Jeff, none of this would be happening!"

"If you kill me...they'll kill you for sure..."

"You know I was his friend first. We got along well. Until his feelings got too hurt and went insane. He's already taken so much from me...I've suffered long enough, if I get an out I'll take you down with me and ruin them"

"Shit!" She gritted as she suddenly went to pull me on my knees. She yanked the knife out of my back and I scream out loud from the pain.
Th e pain was immediately replaced with a sharp, stinging puncture in my lower abdomen.

"Sally!" I heard a yell from the top of the stairs. My whole mind was blank as I glanced down at the knife that was lodged inside of me.
I couldn't say anything as I felt blood choking it's way up my throat.

"I'll see you in hell" she whispered.

They all reached the bottom in seconds, pouring in one after another as they charge Jane and pin her down. 
EJ however, was on his knees in an instant beside me.

EJ POV

"It's okay" He assured her as his left hand supported the back of her head. He positioned her to help clear her airway and hurriedly identified her wounds not wanting to waste any time.

She's not like them, she or any other person can't just walk away from this like they can, he isn't used to treating normal people. How was he going to be able to help her?