2. Bloody Fate

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 13 2021
posted September 23 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on October 7 2021

I still panic for a split second when I see no drafts on my two recently completed books

Shinichi honestly felt lost, Kaitou Kid was supposed to be a snarky, elusive thief with a penchant for pranks. The teen in front of him displayed none of the traits that he normally associated with the thief. It left a bitter taste in his mouth "It will work" He stated, forcing himself to seem more confident than he felt, Kid needed the reassurance "If it doesn't, I'll get my parents to contact a blood bank" He pulled out his phone, sending a quick summary of the situation. The scientist should still be up.

Kaito's expression soured "I don't want to take blood from there" His fingers curled against his knees. He could never take blood that was for people who needed it, it just wasn't right.

The sleuth sighed, understanding the other's thought process "It would just be until she figures out how to synthesize living blood that could technically pass as real blood" He knelt down, pulling out a few cleaning wipes that he often carried, offering them to Kid. He came across many odd things, so it was nice to be able to clean his hands if they got gross.

As he accepted the wipes, Kaito made a confused noise in the back of his throat "Why should she put in that much effort?" They barely knew each other, and he didn't deserve the help "People have been trying to make actual blood for years"

"Clean your face up a bit" Shinichi gently prompted when Kid made no move to do anything with the wipes. The sound of his front door opening and closing got their attention "What should I call you?"

Kaito slowly began dabbing at his face, noting that his hands were starting to tremble more than before "I'm Kuroba Kaito" He lowered his head, wipes clenched in his hand. He didn't care if they knew his name or not, it didn't matter.

Azure lit with a bit of recognition at the family name "Kuroba-kun, we won't let you kill anybody else"

Kaito's shoulders slumped in relief "Good" It was reassuring to hear that from Shinichi. The sleuth always did his best to prevent murders.

"I hope you're including yourself in that Kudo" Ai snapped as she briskly made her way over, quickly glancing over the sleuth's blood stained shirt with distaste before turning towards Kaito "Regulate your consumption" Her words were tense as she shoved a blood bag into his face "I need samples from you, Hakase is already setting things up" He wasn't going to do much more than put ingredients out and set up the equipment. Ai's gaze narrowed as she took a few steps back before glaring at the sleuth "Why were you so close? He's dangerous"

Even though he knew it was the truth, it still stung. Eyes downcast, he pierced the blood bag open with a straw. Afraid that he'd gulp it all down, he pinched the straw tight before taking a sip, forcing the blood to be consumed more slowly. It was disgustingly delicious, easily curbing the pangs that he'd just started to feel.

"He was sane because he'd just had blood" Shinichi defended, Kaito had been talking just fine with him.

The tiny scientist shook her head, looking very unimpressed "He could have turned on you, his instincts are new, uncontrollable" Ai scowled "And you obviously smell like blood"

Kaito's voice was soft, wary "You know about vampires?" The 'outside of rumours and stories' was left unsaid.

Ai's gaze darkened "They made some before the component was stolen" The files had been buried, hidden away from most eyes "Just like with the APTX4869 in the science department, the myth department worked on immortality but instead of youth they tried more obscure ways"

Shinichi grinned "So you really do know how to help him"

"No" The bite left her tone as she eyed Kaito with pity "They all had to be put down, they were too volatile"

"Oh..." Kaito's voice cracked as he stopped sipping on the blood. He wasn't sure how he felt about that, but if there was no other way... "That's fine I guess" Why was he trembling? If he was too dangerous, then it was fine. He didn't know if he'd be able to live with himself if he killed someone again. It already hurt to think about what he did to Saguru.

The sleuth paled before quickly recollecting himself "That's not happening, Kuroba-kun can't just be put down like some sort of animal" He was glaring.

Ai ignored the cold stare, knowing that the other wasn't really angry at her specifically "The others were kept as animals since a constant flow of blood wasn't enough, they ended up needing more and more, until not even drinking it 24/7 was good enough for them anymore"

A cold, heavy weight settled itself inside of Kaito. That was a lot of blood, he looked down at the blood bag in his hand with despair "So many lives could be saved with that much blood"

"There is a good chance that you were turned in a different way than the others" Ai hesitantly started "The others were apparently injected with the component's runoff after being left outside for a few months"

Kaito grimaced, that sounded very similar to Pandora, and he remembered a red glow, but that was about it "I remember a red light" Then nothing, until he came to with the taste of blood in his mouth and Saguru's corpse in his arms "The gem might have been Pandora?" He wasn't sure if she knew of the tale, he really hoped that she didn't.

Ai cursed "You knew yet you still went after it?!" This guy was supposed to be smarter than that "We only learned of the full tale after it was stolen..." She pulled out her phone, tapping the screen madly "A comet passed the earth not too long ago" Ai let out a breath, forcibly calming herself "Since you changed at the designated time, things might be different. Either way, there are tests that are needed to be done"

That sounded like some good news? Maybe. Shinichi felt a bit lost, not knowing exactly what they were talking about. He understood bits, but he didn't have the required background knowledge.

Me: So Kaito is understandably upset... At least he has blood to drink, for now

Hope you enjoyed~

QAQ my dentist prescribed a medicinal mouthwash for wisdom teeth, a side effect was tartar build up

I just didn't expect it to really be all that bad, but my back teeth look horrible...

So fearing a cavity, I brushed a bit harder than usual since it's been a while since my wisdom teeth were removed and my teeth were achy and I was worried– they look really really bad

I have been brushing after every meal and salt rinsing still even though I don't need to... I can only imagine if I didn't QAQ

Well back to me brushing a bit harder... I now have tiny hole in the side of my cheek? I can't see my upper teeth but those stitches are gone because they were hanging... °3°

My toothbrush was too fat and tore the stitch when I tried to brush the side of my back tooth... What if I had attempted such a feat earlier!?! Bigger hole probably– but tartar QAQ

I haven't had cavity since I was tiny child, I'm worried, I don't want cavity

At least my front teeth are decent since I could go nuts on them without worry