39. Fortuitous Blood Luck

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 7 2022
Posted December 11 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on December 25 2022

Ai scowled, barely able to believe what she'd just been told "Kudo, you're supposed to be smart" How could someone with such a high level of intelligence, also be so stupid? Licking up someone's blood was generally a bad idea, but with Kaito's blood... It was an idiotic idea. Kaito wasn't human.

Shinichi grimaced "I wasn't really thinking when I did it" Well, he had been... But he'd been thinking more along the lines of making Kaito feel better rather than any possible consequences. He didn't feel bad, it was just that he was concerned about his feelings being messed with.

Despite not being the one to initiate the stupid act, Kaito was standing near the door, ready to flee if needed "You don't look worried" The magician added in, he'd been watching the tiny scientist's movements.

"You're right, I'm not" Ai sighed, feeling exasperated "The effects had already been tested" The Crows had been hoping that the affliction could be contagious. Then they'd release it into the world, once they'd developed the antigen of course "Nothing bad is going to happen to Kudo"

"That's a relief" Shinichi breathed. He wasn't going to become like Kaito.

Red eyes narrowed "So nothing bad is going to happen" Kaito kept his gaze focused on Ai "But is something neutral or good going to happen?" The tiny scientist hadn't said that nothing would happen, she'd just stated that nothing bad would happen.

Ai smirked, meeting Kaito's gaze "Anyone who willingly drinks your blood will be more inclined to feed you their own blood" She offered a shrug "It's thought to be a way to make sure the vampire remains well fed. There's no controlling or allurement involved, so the person wouldn't suffer if they didn't feed the vampire that they're connected to" It wasn't ideal, but the possible outcomes could have been a whole lot worse.

Shinichi frowned "I guess that's better than us having to worry about keeping two vampires well fed" It was also a bit of a relief that his feelings were really his own. He'd be able to be in a relationship with Kaito, without any lingering concern about him just being influenced by vampire stuff.

Kaito gave a small nod, pausing as a thought came to him "Shinichi is the first person that I've bitten who didn't die" The words felt heavy on his heart as he spoke them "Could that be why I really want Shinichi's blood?" He looked away, not wanting to read their expressions. He wanted it so bad.

Azure blinked "Just how badly do you want it?" He'd had a feeling that Kaito wanted his blood, but it was always a vague one. He'd just ignored the feeling since Kaito wanting his blood was sort of expected, the guy was a vampire after all.

The magician wilted a bit, still not meeting their gaze "Badly... I've been craving your blood the whole time" He sighed "It's why I'm not really satisfied with the synthetic stuff" He wanted Shinichi's blood, because it was the most delicious thing that he's ever tasted. Other blood just tasted like blood, but Shinichi's was somehow more for some reason.

Ai sighed "Kuroba-kun's restraint is why I didn't just go behind your back and lock him up somewhere" Or end him, but voicing that part really wouldn't go well so she'd just leave it unsaid.

"Oh" Shinichi really didn't know how to react to that. He hadn't thought that the other's desire for his blood would be so strong. He glanced down at his wrist "Well I wouldn't mind feeding you once in a while" If it wasn't for his own health and safety... He'd probably let Kaito have as much blood as he wanted. Which would be a scary thought if he didn't believe that Kaito would prevent himself from hurting him.

"Go home, I've got to think about a good punishment for the two of you" Ai drawled, not wanting them to get all mushy around her. Well, she actually did want to think of a punishment as well. She couldn't let them get away with doing stupid things without any consequences, otherwise they'd do stupid things even more.

The sleuth paled "Okay, we're gone" With that he hurried out the door, dragging Kaito with him.

"She has no right to be so scary" Kaito whined, following Shinichi into the mansion.

"It's part of who she is" Shinichi sighed "Plus, she does it on purpose" And despite knowing that, it always works on him. Ai was just that good at it... Though, her poking him with lots of needles may have added to his wariness of her.

"Ah" Kaito frowned "She's kinda like the creepy witch I know, except her threats actually scare me"

"You know an actual witch?" Shinichi asked, eyes wide "Why didn't you go to her for help?" Witches had to know stuff about magic, right?

Kaito's expression crunched up with distaste "Akako wants me to be her slave, in both body and mind so... Nope!" Even if Akako was getting better with acceptable interactions, he still didn't trust her "While the little scientist is creepy, she actually cares" He shivered "Akako is to wishy washy, it's too risky to try and rely on her" Akako's help depended on her mood, at least Ai still helped, even when she was upset.

"Oh" That didn't sound too pleasant. Well Kaito knew Akako better than he did so who was he to dispute that? "Well then, I'm glad that you came to me instead then" He offered a small smile "Getting to know you has been very enjoyable"

The magician's cheeks warmed "I'm glad too" He might have just ended up giving up if he'd decided to go off alone or something. Kaito fought back the sudden urge to kiss the sleuth "Can I kiss you?" Their relationship was still new.

Shinichi flushed, not expecting the question "Um"

Eyes softening, Kaito snickered, taking Shinichi's hand and placing a kiss on it "There's no rush" Shinichi's face going even redder wasn't a disappointment.

"You just surprised me" Shinichi blurted out, flustered.

Kaito nodded, eyes still soft "Asking is better than being impulsive" He was content with that kiss "Let's watch the new Lupin movie"  

Me: So no magical love spell~ Lucky

Comment? ^-^

>.< I wrote this while recovering from getting an IUD.... Ouch, very painful but worth it in the long run

IUD is a contraption places into the uterus to prevent pregnancy... Ouch QAQ either copper (create toxic area for sperm or eggs) or hormone based. I got copper.

Still bleeding 5 days after (not period, period was before insertion for easier placement) •^• thankfully pain has stopped by now