43. Clear Blood

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 4 2023
Posted February 5 2023

NEXT UPDATE will be on February 19 2023

The water was warm, almost too warm. Kaito couldn't bring himself to adjust the temperature though since it felt good. The water at his feet was clear, no longer the dark red that had eventually dulled into a faint pink. Shinichi's blood had wastefully been washed down the drain, having lost all of its nutritious qualities after drying out.

Kaito was quite aware of the fact that he should really be getting out of the shower, but instead opted to sit down under the shower head's heavy spray. The tub was clean, and the water was like a nice massage. The fancy shower head had such nice settings and the water pressure was way better than what he'd ever gotten in his own home. The benefits of being rich. The long exposure to the hot water was sure to leave his skin feeling dry and tight, but that wasn't anything that some homemade moisturizer couldn't fix. The water bill wasn't really a problem either because his boyfriend was very rich.

A wry smile curled at Kaito's lips, he was apparently dead yet he still needed to take measures to prevent dry skin from bothering him. The smile only lasted for a few moments before falling into a frown. His situation was just so messed up. He'd always prided himself in his ability to control himself, so he hated that he was unable to do so now.

Ignoring the way his teeth ached was hard, it had settled down, only to flare up once more after getting another taste of the sleuth's blood. It made his insides hurt at the thought, was Shinichi's blood like a drug for him? Any other blood didn't have such an effect on him. Kaito's mouth watered against his better judgement. Shinichi had admitted that he felt compelled to give him his blood. Would he really be able to resist such an offer?

Kaito truly doubted that he'd be able to resist if and when Shinichi offered up his blood willingly. It was the best... And most likely addictive. The cravings had dulled, only to flare back up after getting another taste of the sleuth's blood. Wasn't that how addictive drugs worked? He wasn't sure since he only took prescription and over the counter drugs. He nervously chewed his lip, it would be all fine and well until Shinichi wasn't able to give him any blood. Then what would happen?

He was well acquainted with the criminal world that existed hidden within Japan. He'd seen many people lose themselves just because they couldn't get their last 'dose' of whatever drug they were hooked on. It was quite common. A disguise was always worn when he got the ones he figured could change some help. Actually, a disguise had always been worn whenever he'd interacted with the dark underbelly of Japan. It was so vast, picking and choosing his battles had been a must.

A knock on the door startled Kaito out of his thoughts.

"Are you okay in there?" Shinichi's tone was tinged with a cautious sort of concern. It was touching and made Kaito feel warm.

The water was turned off with ease, leaving him in a humid room filled with steam "Yeah, I was just enjoying the hot water" It wasn't a lie "I'm going to crack the door open a bit to let the steam out, so don't peek in" Without the hot water, the room felt a bit gross. He'd need to cool down before he started to sweat too much.

"Okay"

Kaito's lips curled into a small smile at the sleuth's flustered tone. He'd already known that Shinichi wasn't the sort of person to stoop low enough to peek on him. Kaito quickly dried himself off and changed into some clean clothes. The air outside of the bathroom was refreshingly cool, though it only felt that way due to the contrast with the washroom.

Tsuki flew over, cooing happily as she landed on his shoulder, nuzzling his cheek "Hi Tsuki" Kaito gently ran his fingers through the dove's soft feathers. Sometimes he wondered what it'd be like if his beloved dove was a parrot instead, able to speak human words. Tsuki was much smarter than the average bird, so maybe she'd have been able to properly speak instead of just repeating phrases that she'd heard. Tsuki wasn't a parrot though, so it was no use thinking too much on it 

"I ordered some pizza" Shinichi stated, having heard Kaito leave the washroom. He didn't really have the energy to cook and he doubted that Kaito would want to cook anything either after the day they'd had.

Kaito blinked, eyes widening "Wait, what time is it?" Surely he hadn't been in the shower that long?

"It's a little past 6pm" The sleuth answered smirking at the other's shocked expression. That was why he'd gone up to check on Kaito.

"How did the hot water not run out?" Kaito asked, bewildered. His own hot water only lasted for 2 hours if he was lucky.

"My mom kept getting annoyed whenever all of the hot water was used up so she had a custom made water heater installed" It was an absolute waste of money since she'd rarely ever stayed home long enough for it to matter "It's obnoxiously huge and probably drains too much electricity since it has to keep running to ensure that there's always a large amount of hot water available"

Kaito grimaced "So wasteful..." Though he did technically just waste a lot of hot water just now... At least he hadn't been aware that it'd been so long. He hadn't been wasteful on purpose, time could just fly by so quickly when one was in the shower. The abundant amount of hot water had skewed his perception of time since he was used to there being a limit.

Shinichi shrugged "If I got rid of it, I'd be setting myself up for being pestered by my mom endlessly" He'd prefer to avoid interacting with his parents whenever possible.

"Yuck" Kaito grimaced. Being pestered by an annoying parent sucked "Why haven't you just moved to a different house then? It's not like you wouldn't be able to afford it"

Me: So Kaito thinks a lot in this chapter

Comment? ^-^

I hate how time truly does fly when one is in the shower >^<