45. Tacoman and Druglord Pastry Cat

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC

NEXT UPDATE March 19 2023

As Kaito finished eating his sixth slice of pizza, a thought came to him "You mentioned that you like money right?" It was only partially a question, more like confirming what the other had said.

The sleuth nodded, he was only on his third slice and it would probably be his last "I do, but I'm not obsessed over it like a lot of people" Money was useful, it got things done. It also destroyed lives and got people killed. Though it did save lives as well if one had enough of it.

"I can easily make a bunch of phone apps to bring in money" Kaito offered "It would be simple to do, especially if I make ads optional for extra stuff" He paused "And if I regulate the ads to be less repetitive" Whenever he saw the same ad too many times, it just annoyed him.

Shinichi quirked a brow "Oh?" Making apps had never occurred to him, but now that he thought about it. It seemed like an easy cash grab for someone with Kaito's skill level "What sort of apps do you have in mind?" He was curious.

"Hmmm" Kaito hummed in thought, a small giggle escaping at a sudden thought "I'll have it be an English app, maybe of a Tacoman carrying a bazooka in a platforming game" At the sleuth's bewildered look, Kaito continued "There was a popular game that involved a pastry cat that did drugs while farting rainbows, a Tacoman is totally valid" He'd played the game a few times when he was little. He hadn't realized that the cat had been doing drugs until he was a lot older. Did an update remove that feature eventually? He couldn't remember.

"Why do people have to be so weird" Shinichi grimaced, actually knowing what game Kaito was talking about. He'd played it a few times since he'd been curious about it "I can actually see something like that becoming popular just because of how stupid it is" People loved to make fun of stupid stuff.

Kaito nodded playfully "The powerups could be peppers that make Tacoman breath fire, cheese lassos, lettuce shurikens, tomato skates, and beef to give it muscular arms that will allow Tacoman to punch through disembodied mouths instead of dodging them" It was hard not to burst out laughing at the thought.

Shinichi grimaced "Disembodied mouths? That's just weird" Though, many games were weird according to the ads he's been forced to watch.

"Eh" Kaito shrugged "Kid Icarus Uprising could do it, and Okami had Golden Fury and Brown Justice as an attack"

The sleuth squinted, silent for a few moments "Please tell me the character was an animal"

"Yup" Kaito grinned "It's actually a very beautiful game with a charming plot" He just thought it was hilarious that peeing on every enemy was the best strategy to get great items.

Shinichi was a bit relieved that the character wasn't human "So any other ideas besides the Tacoman?"

"A cooking game with cats as the characters with an option for them to be dogs instead" Because many prefer animals over humans when it comes to games. Wait, Kaito's face scrunched up in distaste "Actually, no cat themed stuff because that would lead to finny thing themed stuff" Which was an absolute nope! He would ever willingly design anything that involved finny things.

"Maybe one of those games where you collect and level up characters?" Gatcha games, those were popular right?

"Nah, I'd feel bad preying on people's gambling problems" Kaito shook his head. He didn't want any part in making gambling games. Some people just had no self control and he didn't want to profit from such a thing "Maybe an ant simulator, or pancake flipping game" Because why not? It wouldn't cost him too much and there would be at least a few people who'd check out the games out of just plain curiosity.

Azure softened, Kaito really was a truly kind person at heart. He was glad that he'd picked a good person to date "I'm sure you'd be able to make some great offline RPG games that have optional in app purchases" With a mind like Kaito's, Shinichi could easily see the other making a game with an amazing plot that was filled with characters that were both loved and hated.

Kaito pouted "But those kinds of games would take a lot more time to make" They'd also be less lucrative since he'd never steep so low as to fill a game up with countless ads "Only people who suck at those kinds of games actually use the in app purchases" He paused "Wait, outfits and accessories could be added" People loved customization when it came to character models "I could create cool and just plain weird outfits" He murmured to himself a bit before speaking clearly "I'd have to take into consideration the limits of phones so maybe not..."

"Ah" Shinichi nodded in understanding "It doesn't matter if a game looks great if it's too much for the phone to handle... 2D sprites would work well" 3D would be better suited for gaming consoles because they generally had more power.

"2D sprites have started to become popular again, the retro style ones" Kaito offered, maybe he'd try both retro and modern 2D sprites "I've just got to make all the games that I make look clean and smooth" Simple was good.

Shinichi smiled "I'm sure that any game that you make will bring in a decent profit" Once he made the game, he'd just have to tweak it off and on to keep it up to date "You're talented enough to do anything you want when it comes to technology"

Kaito's cheeks tinted "I'm good, but I'm not the best" Being praised by the sleuth felt good, he liked it a lot.

"True, but I'm sure that if you really put your mind to it, you could achieve anything when it comes to technology" He well and truly meant that "You could probably somehow make a lot of weird sci-fi stuff from movies and books real with enough effort" Within reason of course, maybe holograms, super microchips, or even something like major nanobot usage.

Me: What is this? This is what happens when I wait until ADHD meds have worn out... Now to write the other thing

Comment? ^-^