29. Lazy Blood

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 12 2022
Posted July 24 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on August 7 2022

When they all got back to the Kudo mansion, Kaito was still seething. He'd wanted adrenaline and he'd gotten it, except that it was fuelled by anger rather than excitement. Shinichi had helped where he could, so now it was up to the police and lawyers to do their part. The sleuth would be called if they needed more help from him.

"So we're going to watch Zootopia" Ran stated as she sat on one end of the couch, allowing Shinichi to sit in the middle and Kaito to be on the other side of him. It was a more upbeat movie that didn't involve the death of a parent like a lot of other Disney movies. The characters were also animals which was always fun.

Shinichi blinked "I've never heard of it" Though that wasn't really saying much considering he didn't pay much attention to the movies that came out.

"It's about persevering against stereotypes in order for the main character to pursue the career that they want" Kaito offered a small smile despite the anger still in him "Said job is being part of the police force"

"Oh!" Azure lit up, he liked when the police were useful in movies "It sounds interesting"

Ran smiled a bit as she saw the two interact, they seemed good for each other "I'll go get the sandwiches from the fridge. I made some ham, turkey, chicken, cheese, and some mixed ones" She'd stored them before leaving, not wanting them to spoil.

Shinichi nodded "I'll make the drinks since you made the food" The two of them got up, leaving Kaito to locate the movie on one of the countless streaming sites that existed.

When they were in the kitchen, Ran eyed the chocolate milk curiously "You're not mixing blood in with the powder?"

"While Kuroba needs blood, I'm pretty sure that normal food and drink is good for him" Shinichi replied, stirring the drink well "At the very least, it's good for his emotional needs" Once he was satisfied with it's quality, he checked on the coffee that was brewing, pleased to note that it was ready.

Ran hummed "I guess living without proper meals wouldn't be all that great" Eating meals was very enjoyable.

Shinichi's shoulders slumped a bit "I should have realized that sooner and not let him get away with just snacking on chewy foods for so long"

"Chewy?" She was curious.

"Ah" The sleuth grimaced "His fangs growing gave him the urge to chew and sink his fangs into stuff"

Ran gave him an incredulous look "Is that why there was a chewed dog toy under the couch?"

"Why were you looking under my couch?!" He paused "Wait, he actually used one of them?" He hadn't seen Kaito use them. Though now that he thought about it, it was only normal that Kaito wouldn't use one around him.

"I needed to make sure it wasn't too dirty since I doubt you clean under them"

Shinichi flushed "There's no need to do that anymore, Kuroba has brought it upon himself to keep the place clean" Though he was now really curious about just how strong Kaito's instincts to gnaw were if he was actually using the dog chews. He wouldn't ask though, despite wanting to. Asking would just embarrass the other "I think Kuroba drank all the juice so you want me to just add more milk and sugar to your coffee?"

Ran giggled "Yes, I'd like some milk and sugar with a bit of your bitter coffee" She still couldn't believe that Shinichi hadn't gone into caffeine withdrawal when he'd first become Conan. Shinichi drank coffee that was just way too strong. Getting rid of it never worked, he always seemed to have more of it stashed away somewhere. It was a battle that she'd given up on ever winning. With both the food and drinks ready, the two headed back to Kaito who was sitting on the couch. The tv was paused at what was most likely the beginning of the movie.

"No popcorn?" Kaito asked curiously.

The sleuth shook his head "Nah, Ran's food is a lot better than popcorn" Healthier too, not that it mattered. They could handle junk food.

Kaito grabbed a sandwich shortly after Ran put down the tray. It was a chicken one, and the lettuce was very crisp "You're right" He agreed after swallowing a bite. Actual food now felt heavy when it settled in his stomach, but in a good way. It was nice.

Ran smiled "I'm glad that you like it Kuroba-kun" The guy didn't scare her like he did when she'd first found out about his vampiric nature. He was kind hearted and just gave off a friendly feeling. It also helped that she'd seen the guy risk his life for others.

The magician unpaused the movie, allowing it to start playing "I was just saying the truth" He murmured softly. It was a snug fit on the couch, so their shoulders were practically touching. It was nice though, it made him feel warm.

"Ran, why are you taking up more space than you should be?" Shinichi sighed. Ran was leaning against the couch's arm, body slanted just enough to force the two males to sit closer together.

"It's more comfortable this way" Ran stated. She'd noticed that the magician seemed to be fond of physical contact, so she wanted to encourage it between the two. She knew Shinichi wasn't really all touchy feely, but she also knew that it would be good for him too. Shinichi wanted to be Kaito's friend, he'd told her that. Ran was just helping them out because the sleuth truly did need more friends besides herself. Sonoko didn't really count because Shinichi was actually truly annoyed by her, unfortunately. Sure there was Hattori, but that still wasn't very many people.

"It's fine" Kaito murmured softly, gazing at the screen. He liked the contact.

Shinichi frowned but didn't complain about the lack of space, he was outnumbered anyways and the two of them were perfectly capable of forcing him to stay in place. Though Ran was much more likely to do so than Kaito was. At least it wasn't unpleasant, just a bit uncomfortable.

Me: Of course Ran would encourage Shinichi to make friends~ The guy needs them

Comment? ^-^

Gah, hate summer heat. At least at work I have AC... Can't wait for winter