20. Bloody Change

1025 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 21 2022
Posted March 10 2022

Kaito felt horrible when he woke up, starved too. He immediately started on the blood that Ai had left for him, hyper focused as he was, he didn't notice all the non-consumable blood surrounding him until he'd drank four litres. A lot, and something that wasn't humanly possible, at least for someone his size. He wasn't human though.

Once his thirst was sated, the magician started to feel a bit queasy at how much blood he was covered in. Logically he'd known that the little scientist had probably been cutting him open and stuff, but he'd never woken up covered in his own blood. Everything had always been clean and sterile. Seeing all the blood... Kaito didn't like that. His head hurt a lot too, a throbbing ache just there enough for him to be unable to ignore it.

He needed a shower. His clothes weren't salvageable. Kaito walked to the door, giving a little knock "I need to shower" He didn't want to talk about the blood, asking would be worse. The door opened and he was met with a blank faced Ai "I'll be quick" He offered a small smile as she stepped aside to let him out. A change of clothes was quickly snagged and he hurried off to the shower. Cleaning himself was a quick task, knowing that the little scientist didn't want him to be around when the professor woke up. His hair was still somewhat wet as he rushed out the door.

Kaito felt himself relax a bit the moment he was securely within the Kudo mansion. Being here made him feel safer. He checked his phone, noting that soon it would be time for the sleuth to get up. The magician hummed in thought, he felt horrible, and weak, but cooking breakfast wouldn't do any harm. Cooking wasn't a great strength of his, but he'd be able to manage something simple before Shinichi headed out.

Shinichi hadn't said anything, but he was pretty sure that the sleuth would be starting on cases again. They'd been involved in one not that long ago and Kaito was sure it had sparked a longing in the sleuth. It was like having chocolate after a long time of not having it again, a simple taste was enough to make him want to devour multiple chocolate bars.

Mind made up, Kaito started on two omelettes. He wasn't hungry, more queasy than anything, but seeing him eat something that wasn't a snack would probably relieve the other. He just made sure that his own serving was smaller. Kaito microwaved some instant bacon when the omelettes were almost done and toasted some bread, swiftly buttering it before the toast became too cool for the butter to melt properly. Toast was always better when the butter was actually melted. Meal mostly complete, Kaito poured the sleuth a small cup of orange juice, then turned on the coffee maker. It smelt good, Kaito's mouth was actually watering a bit as he headed upstairs to wake Shinichi up.

"Food is ready!" Kaito called, nudging the sleuth. Shinichi was a heavy sleeper, so Kaito was forced to give him a bit harder of a shove. The magician's pupils constricted slightly as Shinichi shifted into a position that revealed his jugular. Kaito closed his eyes, teeth aching as he gave a more forceful shove "Wake up" It had been a bit harder than he'd been intending it to be, but it had gotten the job done.

"Why are you waking me up?" Shinichi groaned, eyes still closed as he sat himself up. The other hadn't really woken him up since moving in.

"I made food, it's going to go cold" Kaito explained, moving away from the bed, pausing when he noticed a certain scent "Did you cut yourself in your sleep?" He inquired, the tantalizing blood scent wasn't fresh, but it also wasn't older than a day.

Shinichi blinked, still sleepy "I got a papercut when reading" He'd almost gotten the blood on his limited edition book. Thankfully he'd noticed the blood before turning the page.

Kaito nodded "Right, I'll go check on the coffee" He smiled "Don't take too long waking up" Kaito was quick to retreat from the room. Hopefully the food and coffee scent would overtake the other's blood scent... Fuck, a papercut. How was he going to react when the guy inevitably got himself really hurt? It wasn't a possibility, it was a fact. Shinichi got into all sorts of dangerous situations. While Kaito was lost in his thoughts, Shinichi managed to make his way to the coffee machine, Kaito blinked "Wait" He quickly fetched the sleuth's orange juice "Calcium first, then magic beans"

The sleuth scowled, but downed the glass like one would a shot "Magic beans, now"

"As you wish" Kaito stepped aside to give Shinichi access to the coffee. There was no way that he was going to stand between him and the coffee. He couldn't stop himself from cringing as Shinichi downed the steaming coffee like he had the orange juice "Can you even taste things after that?" Kaito inquired as he watched the sleuth obtain another cup, thankfully this one was brought to the table.

"Usually" Shinichi nodded, taking a seat.

"Usually?" That wasn't concerning, not at all.

Shinichi hummed, starting on his meal "Tastes good"

Kaito smiled weakly "I'm glad today wasn't one of those times that you apparently can't taste things"

"My current coffee machine doesn't run as hot as my last one" Shinichi paused, suddenly looking more awake than he had a few moments ago.

The magician looked around "What's wrong?"

Shinichi just shrugged "Nothing, just realized that orange juice and coffee don't go well together" He eyed Kaito's plate, most of the meal had been eaten.

Kaito's eyes narrowed "Really?"

"I'll tell you after we've both eaten everything" Shinichi offered, not wanting to spoil the other's appetite like he knew it would. Kaito's eyes had changed drastically throughout the night, they were no longer that tainted indigo with a slight cat-eye effect. Now they were blood red with his pupils looking obviously slitted. It was eerie, but he couldn't let himself seem anything but surprised by the change. Kaito wouldn't take a negative reaction all that well.

Me: Poor Kaito, no more pretty indigo

Comment? ^-^

Cat fur doesn't bother me, even when I accidentally get it in my mouth •3•