5. Blood Cell

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 25 2021
Posted October 21 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on November 4 2021

Since the Kudo mansion didn't have a convenient cell to hold the thief, the two males had to build one. Both of them cancelled their plans for the next day, knowing that they wouldn't be able to sleep until they had something to contain Kaito. Sure, chains or metal restraints could have been used as a temporary measure, but the sleuth had firmly vetoed the idea when it'd been brought up.

Shinichi absolutely refused to treat Kaito as anything less than human, a dangerous human, but a human all the same. He trusted the thief to do his best to keep himself under control, blood was already being delivered so it was additional reassurance that he was safe with the other. Shinichi would not sleep until they had proper accommodations for Kaito. The thief wouldn't be treated worse than some of the most revolting criminals that were behind bars, it wouldn't make sense. At the very least, Kaito deserved a proper cell, not chains or restraints.

Thankfully the thief himself was a very handy person, so constructing a metal cell didn't turn out to be as hard as the sleuth had expected. It had helped that the professor had already had all the steel required. One of the spare washrooms had been refurbished into a cell, bars were welded across the window and the door was replaced with a reinforced steel door that was covered by a separate bar door. The bar door was to reduce claustrophobia and the solid one was for privacy, both were strong.

When it was complete, all tools were taken from the newly made cell, only essential toiletries and a futon were left inside. That and all the blood bags. It was enough to comfortable spend the night in while Shinichi was sleeping. There was even some chocolate for comfort food.

"Both of us should be able to sleep soundly now" Shinichi breathed, feeling drowsy. They'd stayed up all night, now it was around noon. He was tired.

Kaito offered a shaky smile "You look like you could use some sleep" He'd consumed so much blood... So many lives could have been saved with the amount that he'd drunk. It didn't help that he couldn't stop himself from craving Shinichi's blood. The sleuth's blood was delicious, fresh. Blood bags would never compare to the feeling of warm blood gushing into his mouth, a heartbeat beating frantically as he drank. Tainted indigos snapped open, the magician having not noticed that he'd closed them in the first place. He shouldn't be thinking such thoughts, they were dangerous.

Shinichi frowned, tilting his head a bit "Are you okay?" The other had looked off for a second.

"Can I really be in this situation?" Kaito weakly joked. Shinichi gave a look, the magician grimaced "My mind just trailed off towards some dangerous thoughts"

Azure lit with concern "Dangerous? How?"

Kaito blinked before comprehension hit him "Ones that'd hurt you, not myself" He couldn't help but think that the detective's concern was kinda sweet.

"Ah" Shinichi broke eye contact "Do you need to call anyone? You don't have your phone with you do you?"

"I have my phone with me, it's dead though" That's why he hadn't taken it out.

"I'll give you my charger so you can call your friends and family, that way they won't worry about you" Shinichi left to fetch his charger, giving it to Kaito when he returned "Here, I'm going to go take a nap now. Do you need anything else?"

Kaito shook his head "I'm good" He then stepped into his cell, closing the door behind him.

"Okay" Shinichi nodded "Maybe you could catch some sleep too" He stifled a yawn. Welding metal was surprisingly exhausting.

The magician pursed his lips, plugging his phone in "Maybe when I'm done calling everyone" He wouldn't be getting any sleep if he had anything to say about it. He didn't want to deal with the nightmares that were bound to come to him.

"We'll think more about how things are going to go after we've both rested" The sleuth added before leaving.

Kaito shut the solid door, wanting the second layer of protection between the sleuth and himself. Logically, he knew that just one of the doors should be enough to stop him, but closing both of them helped the non-logical part of his brain allow him to feel better. It gave him more reassurance. Hurting Shinichi was one of the last things that he wanted to do. The sleuth had been so kind to him, treating him as if he wasn't a threat. It was scary, because he was a threat.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, Kaito chugged a whole blood bag before powering on his phone, wincing when he saw the notifications. Dozens from Aoko, and even some from the inspector himself! Oh no... The magician quickly called his best friend.

"Bakaito!" Oh... Aoko sounded more frantic than mad "Where were you?! Aoko was so worried" He could hear that she was crying "Hakuba-kun's dead! And so are a lot of unknown people"

Tainted indigos misted, a queasy feeling lurching around in his stomach "What?!" His grief thankfully made up for the lack of shock in his tone.

"Some bastard ripped his throat to shreds!" Aoko wailed "You weren't home or answering, Aoko had thought that you'd gone to the heist and..." Her voice quivered "Aoko thought you were dead too!"

"I'm still alive Ahoko" Kaito didn't bother to hide how his voice cracked "I'm not going to be in Edoka for a while, can you give my doves some love for me?" His doves... Would he hurt them too? Doves were so fragile, he didn't want to risk it.

"Why?! Aoko needs you here"

Kaito bit his lip, drawing blood "I'm sorry, but I really can't go home right now" He was contained here, unable to hurt anyone he cared about. Kaito steadied himself "I'll do anything once I'm back" He promised "I really don't want to be away right now but I need to be away" Kaito paused "I'm sorry" He quickly hung up and removed his sim card "I'm sorry..." Kaito repeated, crumpling to the floor. He really was a monster.

Me: So Kaito has a cell now, a cushy(?) cell. I imagine that the washroom would be quite large. 

It's horrible, but Kaito would hurt more if he hurt someone else

Comment? ^-^

°3° *has a whole tone of non perishable food* Hmmm *Wants to eat different non perishable food that I don't have* gah

Hmm... Oranges are tangerine coloured and tangerines are orange •3•

As I tiny child I caught two mantis, I was so happy because I'd never seen any before

I put them in a cage together...

Child Berry was devastated the next morning