46. Blood Council

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 18 202
Posted March 19 2023

NEXT UPDATE is on April 2 2023

The tint on Kaito's cheeks darkened in colour "So many compliments" He breathed, feeling somewhat shy despite how he'd been complimented a lot in the past.

Shinichi raised a brow "Shouldn't you be used to praise?" As Kaitou Kid, it was a given that the other would be praised... And scorned, but the praise greatly outweighed all the scorn in both quantity and quality "Your naturally charming personality means that you've probably been praised a lot" He added on, wanting to see if Kaito's face darkened. A blushing Kaito... Was quite cute and he wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

Kaito puffed out his cheeks as he looked away, embarrassed "I am, but it's different when it's from you" Shinichi was teasing him on purpose! Normally he wouldn't have admitted this, but they were dating now, so he could be open with his feelings, right?

Azure softened, this really was preferred over Kaito disliking himself "Praise usually does sound better from the people that matter to you" He agreed, pausing for a second before continuing "Judgement from those who don't matter doesn't have as much weight behind it"

The blush receded and Kaito turned back to face the other, a small frown on his lips "Speaking from experience?" He inquired, thinking of the sleuth's small social network... Actually, said social network was probably bigger than his own. Was that sad? Or was thinking like that actually an insult to the sleuth?

"A bit" Shinichi admitted "I used to seek whatever attention that I could get before Conan happened"

Kaito nodded, remembering the research that he'd done after discovering that the tiny yet scary detective wasn't actually a freaky demon child "You were a stuck up ass, how did you even gain so many fans in the first place?"

Sighing, Shinichi doesn't deny the comment "I'm rich, talented, and have famous parents" Things like that often let people get away with things. He still used his wealth and talent to his advantage, but now he was less of a jerk about it.

Red softened "I'm glad you've changed, I wouldn't have been able to stand the old you" He paused "Both you and Hakuba have made me less of a jerk" His eyes gleam a bit "Especially you, being on par with a tiny child is very humbling" It had soothed his ego a bit when he'd found out the truth, but by then, he'd already started to change.

"I'm glad too..." A small smile made its way onto Shinichi's lips "It was both the worst and best thing that has ever happened to me..."

Kaito hummed, allowing himself to lean against Shinichi for some comfort "I could maybe say the same thing about me becoming Kaitou Kid" His voice wavered "I gained more connections and excitement..." He trailed off.

Shinichi allowed Kaito the courtesy of not continuing "Life really can be boring for geniuses like us..." Thankfully with the both of them together, that will change "Thankfully we can now feed off of each other's intelligence"

Still feeling a bit sad, Kaito offered a weak smile "With our wits combined, skyscrapers and murders won't be needed as often to add excitement to our lives" Even playing a board game... Or even anything against Shinichi seemed like it could be thrilling. Brain stimulation was a must and kept him out of trouble, most of the time. Sometimes he did genuinely crave chaos but that hasn't occurred yet since his species had changed.

"What are you thinking about?" Shinichi inquired at seeing Kaito's thoughtful look.

"I've just realized that becoming a vampire seems to have made me less inclined to cause chaos" Kaito stated softly. It seemed kinda ironic now that he thought about it.

Shinichi shyly raised his arm to wrap around Kaito's shoulders , relaxing a bit when it isn't pushed away "It could be due to a chemical change in your brain" He paused, emotions were really just chemical reactions when it came down to it "Or it could be an emotional reaction due to everything that has happened lately" He pursed his lips "You can still be playful... but less so when you're not emotionally well"

"I don't really want to think about the science behind my body right now" Kaito breathed, grimacing "It's still too soon" He wasn't alive, but at the same time, he was alive. His brain may very well be replaced with that gem-like stuff soon, if the process hadn't already started.

The sleuth gave Kaito's shoulder a gentle squeeze "Okay" He wouldn't push it. He hummed, enjoying the contact "Want to know something that'll make us both feel better?"

Kaito raised his brows "What would that be?"

A pink hue tinted Shinichi's cheeks "I want to give you blood, and you like my blood" His thoughts initially led to Kaito biting his neck, but the logical side of him took over and he removed his hand from Kaito's shoulder "I truly want it" He added, offering his wrist. The wrist while delicate, was a much safer option for Kaito to bite rather than his neck.

Despite himself, Kaito was already salivating just from the offer "You've lost a lot of blood recently..." He objected, swallowing his own drool before it could actually embarrass him.

A weird sort of satisfaction ran through the sleuth at the knowledge that he already had Kaito drooling for him "I had a blood transfusion, I'm fine" He wanted to feed Kaito "Plus we can see if it affects how tasty my blood is" It would be a shame if it did, but then that would mean that Kaito truly craved his blood.

"I don't want to damage your wrist.... It'll cause problems since it'll get flexed a lot" Kaito was too greedy to truly decline the offer.

Shinichi blinked, then smiled "Then you could bite my arm then" It would still flex, but not nearly as much as his wrist would.

Kaito opened his mouth then swallowed "If you truly want it..."

"I do" Shinichi really wanted to feed Kaito, the thought of providing the needed nutrients for the other was elating. He held out his arm, holding it in front of Kaito's face. Inwardly preening at the absolute want in the other's expression.

Me: Finally a lucid feeding?

Comment? ^-^

Salty crackers are the best, great for snacking... I put them in myouth then suck on them, salt covered side face down on tongue.

After eating a lot, my tongue starts to hurt but I keep doing it because it's so yummy