15. Bloodied Destination

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 5 2021
Posted January 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on February 3 2022

Being outside during the day turned out to be more nerve wracking than Kaito had been expecting it to be. Just the sun's rays alone was a physical enough presence to bother him and put him at unease. Sure there'd been hot enough days in the past where he could practically feel the sunlight beaming down at him, but it was different now. The sun was now a threat, a dangerous thing if he were to ever face it unprepared.

The magician did his very best to make himself look as if there was nothing wrong besides his weight loss and lighter skin tone. Sure most people would ignore him if he did seem to be off, but there was always the chance of someone who was both nosy and caring trying to see what was wrong. He was thankfully fooling everyone that managed to pass them. Shinichi was the only one he wasn't fooling. That was fine though, expected even.

Since Shinichi was aware of his plight, the sleuth didn't comment about how he'd been hovering just close enough for it to be considered rude. They weren't childhood friends, so the closeness wasn't really acceptable socially, especially since they were kinda just acquaintances? Potential friends? Kaito didn't know how he felt about that, but he appreciated that the other was allowing him to stick unreasonable close. He just- he just felt better since the sleuth was aware of exactly how dangerous he was. The sleuth was capable of stopping him.

"Do you have any colours that you're more partial to when it comes to bird supplies?" Shinichi inquired, snapping Kaito out of a slight daze. He wasn't familiar with bird supplies and had been planning on getting most things in black since black was usually a safe colour. It matched most things.

"Colours?" Kaito repeated, surprised at the simple question. It was so... mundane. He liked it.

"Yeah, I expect that some things have different colour variations so it would make things quicker if I knew what to look for" It would also give them an easy and safe conversation. The magician was too tense. Kaito may be a great actor, but he could see through the other's mask.

"Oh, um..." It took a few seconds for the answer to click in Kaito's head "Black or cold colours are usually nice. I like saving the bright colours for toys" A small smile tugged at Kaito's lips "Tsuki's less likely to play with something she's not allowed to if I keep with the colour schemes. I had to pack away one of my mom's knife sets because they had red handles and Tsuki tried to steal one" It had almost given him a heart attack.

A small laugh escaped Shinichi at the image that appeared in his head "Wouldn't a knife be too heavy for her?"

Kaito shook his head, sighing "That's why I said tried..." It hadn't been a good day for him "She managed to drag it to the edge of the counter, then got dragged down when she tried to fly with it" Tsuki had almost fallen onto the knife.

"Oh" Yeah, Shinichi could see why it wasn't as funny as he'd thought it'd been. That sounded extremely dangerous.

They soon reached the store, Shinichi had to subtly prompt Kaito to follow in after him, but otherwise they managed to enter it without any problem. The lack of sun at least helped to lighten Kaito's mood a bit and a few large gulps of blood from his bottles helped to calm him.

Being around so many people unnerved Kaito. He'd grown used to the sound of Shinichi's enticing blood flowing through his veins, enough so that he was able to ignore it. For the most part. Everyone's blood flow seemed to be different, and now he was being hit by the sound of multiple different ones all at once. It was loud, it had no right to be that loud. His hearing was only really enhanced when it came to blood, and it felt like he was near a running motorcycle with how loud it was.

"You okay?" Shinichi asked softly, noting the visible discomfort on the other's face. It was a different sort of discomfort than when they'd been outside.

Kaito took in, then let out a breath, grabbing onto the sleuth's arm as he did his best to ground himself "It's just too loud" He admitted, gritting his teeth. Great, another problem that he'd have to deal with.

Shinichi did his best not to grimace, Kaito's grip was too strong "Should we go back?" The magician looked to be in pain.

"No" Kaito used his free hand to pop a bottle open to take a large gulp of blood "I'll have to just get used to it" He offered a shaky smile, brows tense "Like how people who live on busy streets eventually grow used to the noise" He weakly added. It was a weak excuse, but also a true one.

The sleuth nodded "It's a good thing that you're very adaptive then" He stated, trying to encourage the other. As Kaitou Kid, Kaito has faced all sorts of weird and unexpectedly tricky situations. If anyone was adaptive, then it was Kaito.

Kaito smiled a bit at the statement. It was weird how he could hear voices fine despite feeling deafened by everyone's blood. With how loud it was, he shouldn't be able to hear the other. Magic was so weird. It's unpredictability was scary "Yup" He agreed. Ignoring how he didn't feel drawn to anyone else's blood besides Shinichi's. Kaito wasn't ready to think about that quite just yet.

"This place has some decent cheesecake too" Shinichi added "Do you like cheesecake?" Sure it may be more bitter than a lot of other desserts, but it was still a dessert and he'd discovered that Kaito was a big fan of desserts.

"I'm more of a cake fan, but cheesecake is nice once in a while" Kaito offered. It was another random question "It figures that you'd like cheesecake with how bitter you take your coffee" Cheesecake wasn't a sweet dessert, or at least it was usually more bitter than cake.

Me: So Kaito is having a hard time, but Shinichi's trying to help by distracting him~

Comment? ^-^

My new kitty loves to play rough, very rough. I like rough.

But I messed up and moved my hand while he was chewing on me instead of keeping it still

He drew some blood and now I'm paranoid. Cat bites can turn nasty •3•

Oh and playing rough gets him all excited and hyper, enough so that he ends up failing to hop onto my bed XD